Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network Config on Zone in a Guest LDOM Post 302763073 by os2mac on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 01:05:32 PM
Old 01-29-2013
Trying to do DHCP on the zone

The problem isn't that I can't get it to network. I can. I am trying to setup the zone under a Guest LDOM to be able to do DHCP. As I understand it this has to be an IP exclusive zone because IP-shared is just that it shares the entire IP stack with the LDOM and thus the same ether address. So a DHCP reservation is impossible. As is Dynamic DNS name resolution.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ldom and zone

hi, what is the difference between ldom and zone. can we install any other os than sun in ldom. thanks, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Help needed - trying to run commands in Guest LDoms from Control LDOM

Hi Folks, I am used to writing scripts to get info by running commands at local zones level from their respective global zone by using zlogin <localzone> "command>" while remaining at the global zone level. Can the same be done with Guest LDoms while remaining at the control LDOM level? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Configuring zone and LDOM boot order

Is anyone aware of a method of configuring the boot order of zones and or LDOMS? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk expansion on LDOM Guest

Hi, There is LDOM Guest where I need to expand /u02 file systems on it. It is residing on a Solaris 11 Hypervisor (Primary Domain). The storage is expanded on vdisk presented to Hypervisor. I need steps to expand the /u02 on LDOM Guest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidya_sagar2003
2 Replies

5. Solaris

T4 replaced motherboard - recovering LDOM config?

T4-2 issues meant replacing motherboard. I thought the ldom config was automatically saved? Got the oracle document here. At the moment, unable to get ldoms back - here is the output from a few commands:- ldm list NAME STATE FLAGS CONS VCPU MEMORY UTIL UPTIME... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Login slowness from LDOM to ZONE

Need assitance in troubleshooting steps . Below is the issue I have LDOM which has 4 zones on it . One zone logging into the server takes 13sec where as other zones are quick . Troubleshooting steps which I did - Checked /var/tmp . Not many files - We have LDAP but thought that wouldnt be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Ldom guest volumen problem t8 Solaris 11

hello to everyone. im new member here. i have a problem with a guest ldom on solaris 11 sparc in a T8. I need to access to disk vds assigned to guest domain but from control domain. I want to modify a parameter in inittab of the guest domain because start guest domain give me problems... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liam_
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris 11 LDOM guest network not working

I'm really stuck here. I've created an LDOM on a SPARC T4-1 with Solaris 11.4 to run a copy of Linux for SPARC. I got the Linux ISO installed and Linux itself installed and booted OK. The only thing is is that there's no networking available in the Linux guest. This question is basically the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
7 Replies
numa_sched_launch(5)						File Formats Manual					      numa_sched_launch(5)

NAME
numa_sched_launch - change process default launch policy VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values unless the application requires explicit different behavior. DESCRIPTION
The dynamic tunable controls the default launch policy for newly created processes. The process launch policy controls the initial place- ment of the child process at creation time. The scheduler can migrate threads from one locality domain (LDOM) to another to distribute workload for better throughput and responsiveness. The default launch policy is applicable only to processes that have no explicit launch policy, processor binding, or LDOM binding applied to them (see mpctl(2) for details). There are three possible values of this tunable: This value explicitly disables any change in the default launch policy for processes irrespective of the system configuration. A newly created process will be placed using the legacy default launch policy. This is the default and recommended value. HP-UX will autosense the right policy setting based on system configuration. This policy directs HP-UX to optimize the launch policy for multi-process applications that share data. Such applications can get better performance when the applications are packed together in the same LDOM. The policy will cause child processes created using to be placed in the same locality domain as the parent process. Note that a different default launch policy may be used in the future with new system configurations for improved application performance when this tunable is enabled. Processes created using will be treated as if they are a new application and will continue to be launched using the legacy default launch policy. This value explicitly enables the new default launch policy for processes. A process created using is placed in the same locality domain as its parent process irrespective of the system configuration. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators who prefer to explicitly control the default launch policy for applications even when LORA (Locality Optimized Resource Alignment) mode is enabled (see numa_policy(5) for details). Restrictions on Changing The tunable changes take effect immediately. However, changes to this tunable will not affect processes that are already created. Such processes will need to be stopped and restarted to be launched with a modified tunable setting. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 0? The value of should be set to to preserve the legacy process default launch policy even when the system is configured in LORA mode. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 1? The value of should be set to to improve the performance of multi-process applications. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed to 2? The value of should be set to when a multi-process application is likely to see improved performance even if the system is not configured for LORA mode. What Are the Side Effects of Changing the Value? The distribution of CPU utilization across the system will change. This situation can result in a change in performance. The change in performance is highly dependent on the workload and the partition configuration. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
fork(2), mpctl(2), vfork(2), numa_policy(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters numa_sched_launch(5)