Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2 Post 302763051 by dearsumon on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 11:48:14 AM
Old 01-29-2013
I'm not sure is it System Z version or not? how to check this...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux eth0 incative

Hi there, I got a problem with my linux eth0. It worked well, just one day when i boot it, "Failed" to be active. The eth0 is inactive! I tried to use KDE network configuration tool to add the type of the eth card, I can't make it active. It gave me warning of "the eth card can't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Security Standards for Redhat Enterprise 3...

Hi all, Thanks for reading and any posts. Quick question, has anyone out there got any suggestions for standards of security for Redhat enterprise 3. We are making an RAC cluster Oracle application using Oracle 9i (hopefully moving to 10g sooner rather than later). Thanks again for any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 is N/A

when i finish installed rhel 4.4 to my hp dl585 box, ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 is not available.when i ifconfig -a,i can not see the eth0 and eth1, only lo0 and si0. Unlike to the other server i found eth0 and eth1 files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. what will i do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat 5 enterprise auto kill script

hi all do i need to add rc. prefix on the stop script all the time especially on redhat 5 enterprise? like below ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.stopdb2 /etc/rc0.d/K01rc.stopdb2 and on the /etc/rc.local, i need to add this only touch /var/lock/subsys/stopdb2 Is that going to work? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Login failed in Redhat Enterprise 6.2

When i finished installation the Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.2, and login to the system, I can't login although username: root and Password correct. I install on the Hp Blade Server. I don't know why. How to fix this error? who can help me? :confused: Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinhdangnd
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Eth0 not running in redhat 6.4

Hi guys, I really need your help with this. My network interface eth0 is up but not running. I checked udev rules and ifcfg-eth0 files to make sure the mac address are the same. It just would not come up. Please please I will really appreciate the help here. Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Redhat Linux Enterprise edition 6.4

Hi, please can any one tell me where can i download redhat linux 6.4 for training purpose? thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Redhat clustering clustat not showing info

Having an issue with clustat not displaying the rgmanager info eventhu all the of the cman started successfully. No fencing errors. all of the cluster.conf are the same on all serers ..etc. However when i run the clustat i only see this: Cluster Status for RESTON-LSMS @ Mon Aug 31 15:13:16 2015... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies
IFSCHEME(8)							     Commands							       IFSCHEME(8)

NAME
ifscheme - scheme control for network interfaces SYNOPSIS
ifscheme [-v] [[-s] newscheme] mapping <interface> script ifscheme-mapping DESCRIPTION
ifscheme allows you to change network configuraton schemes or query the current scheme. It integrates with the ifup(8) command and inter- faces(5). For example, you might use this program to configure a "home" scheme and a "work" scheme for a network device on a laptop. When you move between home and work, a simple command can reconfigure your networking. If you run the program with no parameters, it will tell what the current network scheme is. The ifscheme-mapping utility is used to tell the ifup and ifdown utilities about the current scheme. OPTIONS
-v --verbose Run in verbose mode. This is passed in to the ifup and ifdown programs as well. -l --list list all schemes available/defined in /etc/network/interfaces. newscheme -s newscheme --scheme newscheme Change to a new network configuration scheme. When the scheme is changed, network interfaces that were using the old scheme will be taken down and brought back up to use the new configuration scheme. -s or --scheme are mandatory if newscheme begins with a -. CONFIGURATION
To make the program do anything useful when a scheme is selected, you must edit /etc/network/interfaces to add a mapping for the interface (or interfaces) that can be controlled on a per-scheme basis. Suppose you want to control eth0 in this way. You might have an existing eth0 configuraton in there, such as: auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 To change this so you can chose between static routing and dhcp, replace it with the following (it helps to ifdown the interface first). auto eth0 mapping eth0 script ifscheme-mapping iface eth0-home inet static address 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 iface eth0-work inet dhcp Now if you run "ifscheme home" and ifup the interface, you'll get the eth0-home configuration stanza. If you run "ifscheme work", it will be changed to the eth0-work stanza. You can add additional stanzas as desired, but the label must always be of the form <hardware inter- face>-<scheme name>. If you have a second interface (perhaps a wireless network card on eth1), you can duplicate the above for that interface, changing the eth0 and the configuration details as appropriate, but remember to add an iface stanza for every scheme name for the second interface. FILES
/etc/network/interfaces the interfaces definition file /etc/network/run/scheme the current scheme /etc/network/run/ifstate a record of the current state of the interfaces, managed by ifup and ifdown BUGS
All schemed interfaces will have the same scheme. Any schemed interface which does not have an entry for the current scheme and is not configured when the scheme is changed will not be suc- cessfully configured when it is brought up. SEE ALSO
interfaces(5) ifup(8) ifdown(8) DISTRIBUTION
Redistribution is subject to the GNU public license. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>, Peter Wilson <pwilson@cs.hmc.edu> IFSCHEME(8)