Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to change password
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to change password Post 302762781 by zazzybob on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 03:45:56 AM
Old 01-29-2013
Try

Code:
# /sbin/passwd username

That should bypass the security policy.

Cheers,
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change password by pushing encrypted password to systems

I'm tasked to change a user's password on multiple Linux systems (RH v3). I though copying the encrypted password from one Linux /etc/shadow file to another would work but I was wrong. The long term solution is to establish an openLDAP Directory service, but for now I'm stuck with a manual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benq70
1 Replies

2. SCO

unable to change password

I have forgotten password of the system.I am having SCO Unixware 2.1.2.I am trying to change the password of the system by booting it with boot floopy.I edited the shadow file and made the password field blank.But I am not able to login.When I try to change the password of root or any id using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to change user password from nis client

I trying to change the user1 passwd from NIS client i.e #passwd -r nis user1 Enter user1's password; Can I change the password without having to enter user password? Mnay Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam786
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable to change root password

Hi, Some how my root password expired for my hp_ux 10.20 machine and when i tried to change the password it displays file system full error how to resolve this issue At first it accepts newpassword and while saving it some where the problem is..... I am logging as root ........ ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagan_kalluri
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable To Change a User's Password

I am trying to change a user's Password, but I get the error "Password Cannot be changed; see account Administrator". Yet I am logged in as root. I also cannot access the Accounts Manager facility when SCO when using System Administration screen Error "Unable to get initial list of users" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Waitstejo
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to change password for a user.

I am getting the following error message "passwd: User unknown: username" Permission denied error message when trying to change the password for that given user account. The user account is within the /etc/passwd file and I can also su to the account without any problems. This is sever is not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckmanb
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to change the root password?

I tried to change the root password. but it shows the following error. passwd: Authentication token manipulation error passwd: password unchanged If I login as a normal user that time I'm able to change my (user) password. If I login as a ROOT then I'm not able to change the password root... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to change password using root user

Hi, I tired changing password for mqm user in linux server with root user. But still I couldn't able to login mqm user with changed password. Can anyone please help on this. # passwd mqm Thanks, Anusha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
4 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
kpasswd(1)							   User Commands							kpasswd(1)

NAME
kpasswd - change a user's Kerberos password SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kpasswd [principal] DESCRIPTION
The kpasswd command is used to change a Kerberos principal's password. kpasswd prompts for the current Kerberos password, which is used to obtain a changepw ticket from the KDC for the user's Kerberos realm. If kpasswd successfully obtains the changepw ticket, the user is prompted twice for the new password, and the password is changed. If the principal is governed by a policy that specifies the length and/or number of character classes required in the new password, the new password must conform to the policy. (The five character classes are lower case, upper case, numbers, punctuation, and all other charac- ters.) OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: principal Change the password for the Kerberos principal principal. Otherwise, the principal is derived from the identity of the user invoking the kpasswd command. FILES
/tmp/ovsec_adm.xxxxxx Temporary credentials cache for the lifetime of the password changing operation. (xxxxxx is a random string.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkrbu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
SEAM(5) BUGS
If kpasswd is suspended, the changepw tickets may not be destroyed. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 2001 kpasswd(1)