Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2 Post 302762697 by dearsumon on Tuesday 29th of January 2013 02:02:06 AM
Old 01-29-2013
RedHat Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2

Hello, I'm using dell inspiron 14R laptop and I installed Redhat enterprise 6.2 on this. After successfully installation i did not found any network interface on this.
when i'm trying to load/add qeth driver . The driver is not found showing this message.

Code:
Bash: lsmod | grep qeth
Bash:
Bash: modprobe qeth
fatal: qeth module is not found

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux eth0 incative

Hi there, I got a problem with my linux eth0. It worked well, just one day when i boot it, "Failed" to be active. The eth0 is inactive! I tried to use KDE network configuration tool to add the type of the eth card, I can't make it active. It gave me warning of "the eth card can't be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gusla
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Security Standards for Redhat Enterprise 3...

Hi all, Thanks for reading and any posts. Quick question, has anyone out there got any suggestions for standards of security for Redhat enterprise 3. We are making an RAC cluster Oracle application using Oracle 9i (hopefully moving to 10g sooner rather than later). Thanks again for any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

ifcfg-eth0 and eth1 is N/A

when i finish installed rhel 4.4 to my hp dl585 box, ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 is not available.when i ifconfig -a,i can not see the eth0 and eth1, only lo0 and si0. Unlike to the other server i found eth0 and eth1 files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/. what will i do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat 5 enterprise auto kill script

hi all do i need to add rc. prefix on the stop script all the time especially on redhat 5 enterprise? like below ln -s /etc/init.d/rc.stopdb2 /etc/rc0.d/K01rc.stopdb2 and on the /etc/rc.local, i need to add this only touch /var/lock/subsys/stopdb2 Is that going to work? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Login failed in Redhat Enterprise 6.2

When i finished installation the Redhat Enterprise Linux 6.2, and login to the system, I can't login although username: root and Password correct. I install on the Hp Blade Server. I don't know why. How to fix this error? who can help me? :confused: Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinhdangnd
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Eth0 not running in redhat 6.4

Hi guys, I really need your help with this. My network interface eth0 is up but not running. I checked udev rules and ifcfg-eth0 files to make sure the mac address are the same. It just would not come up. Please please I will really appreciate the help here. Thank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
3 Replies

9. Fedora

Redhat Linux Enterprise edition 6.4

Hi, please can any one tell me where can i download redhat linux 6.4 for training purpose? thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younusdba
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Redhat clustering clustat not showing info

Having an issue with clustat not displaying the rgmanager info eventhu all the of the cman started successfully. No fencing errors. all of the cluster.conf are the same on all serers ..etc. However when i run the clustat i only see this: Cluster Status for RESTON-LSMS @ Mon Aug 31 15:13:16 2015... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
4 Replies
Info::Layer3::Dell(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Info::Layer3::Dell(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Dell - SNMP Interface to Dell Power Connect Network Devices AUTHOR
Eric Miller SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $dell = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 1 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $dell->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Provides abstraction to the configuration information obtainable from an Dell Power Connect device through SNMP. D-Link and the IBM BladeCenter Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module also use this module based upon MIB support. For speed or debugging purposes you can call the subclass directly, but not after determining a more specific class using the method above. my $dell = new SNMP::Info::Layer3::Dell(...); Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs Dell-Vendor-MIB RADLAN-Physicaldescription-MIB RADLAN-rlInterfaces RADLAN-HWENVIROMENT Inherited Classes' MIBs See classes listed above for their required MIBs. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $dell->os_ver() ("productIdentificationVersion") $dell->dell_id_name() ("productIdentificationDisplayName") $dell->model() Returns model type. Returns numeric from ("productIdentificationDisplayName") if available, otherwise if returns description(). $dell->vendor() Returns 'dell', 'dlink', or 'ibm' based upon the IANA enterprise number in id(). Defaults to 'dlink'. $dell->os() Returns 'dell', 'dlink', or 'ibm' based upon the IANA enterprise number in id(). Defaults to 'dlink'. Overrides $dell->serial() Returns serial number. Returns ("rlPhdUnitGenParamSerialNum") if available, otherwise uses the Layer3 serial method. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. RADLAN Interface Table ("swIfTable") $dell->dell_duplex_admin() ("swIfDuplexAdminMode") $dell->dell_duplex() ("swIfDuplexOperMode") $dell->dell_tag_mode() ("swIfTaggedMode") $dell->dell_i_type() ("swIfType") $dell->dell_fc_admin() ("swIfFlowControlMode") $dell->dell_speed_admin() ("swIfSpeedAdminMode") $dell->dell_auto() ("swIfSpeedDuplexAutoNegotiation") $dell->dell_fc() ("swIfOperFlowControlMode") Overrides $dell->interfaces() Returns the map between SNMP Interface Identifier (iid) and physical port name. Uses name if available instead of description since descriptions are sometimes not unique. $dell->i_duplex_admin() Returns reference to hash of iid to current link administrative duplex setting. $dell->fw_mac() Returns reference to hash of forwarding table MAC Addresses. Some devices don't implement the "BRIDGE-MIB" forwarding table, so we use the "Q-BRIDGE-MIB" forwarding table. Fall back to the "BRIDGE-MIB" if "Q-BRIDGE-MIB" doesn't return anything. $dell->fw_port() Returns reference to hash of forwarding table entries port interface identifier (iid) Some devices don't implement the "BRIDGE-MIB" forwarding table, so we use the "Q-BRIDGE-MIB" forwarding table. Fall back to the "BRIDGE-MIB" if "Q-BRIDGE-MIB" doesn't return anything. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Dell(3pm)