Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris,PHP,Expect support
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris,PHP,Expect support Post 302762605 by kaf3773 on Monday 28th of January 2013 07:12:40 PM
Old 01-28-2013
When i run the below script from a command line it works fine but i guess the next step is integrating it into php.

Code:
#!/opt/csw/bin/expect -f
spawn ssh me@localhost          
expect -exact "me@localhost password:"            
send "enternow  
"
expect "me@localhost:~$"          
send "uname -a
"
expect "me@localhost:~$"          
send "exit
"
expect eof

Last edited by Scott; 01-28-2013 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: Code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run expect script in systems that don't support it out of box

Noob question .. My Java based application needs to change some user passwords based on some user actions. Since this application can run on Redhat AS2.1 / AS4.0 / Solaris 9 etc, the most safe and portable solution that I could think of was: Use expect. Now, expect is not available on all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namityadav
1 Replies

2. Solaris

hardware support for solaris 9 or 10

Hi boss, i want to purches one second hand system intel P3 for practice.vender having mercury mother board.it will support sun 9 or 10. if any problem will create while configure like (ex:-apache) .tell me which configuration (intel) is best for practice.In intel system what are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Does Solaris support XFS filesytem?

Hi, Does solaris support the XFS file sytems? If so, how can I mount a shared directory from another machine (which is using XFS)? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 6 container support

Is solaris 6 container support available ? Say, If I have a machine with Solaris 10 operating system.. Can i install Solaris 6 container on this machine, so that the machine will have Solaris 6 virtual environment... Does sun support Solaris 6 container ? Any ideas over this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Motif 1.2 support on Solaris 10

Hello, I used to compile and link the code on Solaris 6 using Motif 1.2 (that used to come as part of Operating System) I would like to use the same version of Motif 1.2 for compilation and linking on Solaris 10. But Solaris 10 has Motif 2.1.0 as default. Is Motif 1.2 supported on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT script for Telnet automation. Need your support.

Dear experts, please help me . I've found simple EXPECT scripts and all works fine. But I need more automation in error handling and sending list of commands/output logging from multiple remote hosts. I have 10 hosts, for example: host1 192.168.1.1 LOGIN1 PASSWORD1 ...... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starchen
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 MD5 encryption support

Hi, I did some NIS migration tests recently. The target is to migrate the NIS server from Solaris 8 to Redhat Linux 6.5. And, I found there are encryption issues while Linux NIS using MD5 hashing password for authentication whereas Solaris 8 clients using DES encryption. It causes issues... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
3 Replies
opx25(1M)																 opx25(1M)

NAME
opx25 - execute HALGOL programs SYNOPSIS
scriptname] char] file-descriptor] file-descriptor] string] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. HALGOL is a simple language for communicating with devices such as modems and X.25 PADs. It has simple statements similar to and that are described below. Options recognizes the following options: Causes to read script as the input program. If is not specified, reads the standard input as a script. Causes to use char as the first character in the input stream instead of actually reading it from the input descriptor. This is useful sometimes when the program that calls is forced to read a character but then cannot ``unread'' it. Causes to use number for the output file descriptor (i.e., the device to use for The default is 1. Causes to use 'number' for the input file descriptor (ie, the device to use for 'expect'). The default is 0. Causes to save this string for use when is encountered in a command. Causes to turn on debugging mode. Causes to turn on verbose mode. An script file contains lines of the following types: (empty) Empty lines are ignored. Lines beginning with a slash are ignored (comments) ID ID denotes a label, and is limited to alphanumerics or string must be surrounded by double quotes. The text is sent to the device specified by the option. Non-printable charac- ters are represented as in C; i.e., as DDD, where DDD is the octal ascii character code. in a send string is the string that followed the option. Send a break "character" to the device. Here number is how many seconds to wait before giving up. 0 means wait forever, but this is not advised. Whenever string appears in the input within the time allotted, the command succeeds. Thus, it is not necessary to specify the entire string. For example, if you know that the PAD will send several lines followed by an prompt, you could just use as the string. The program etc.) is run with the args specified. Do not use quotes here. Also, the program is invoked directly (using so wild cards, redirection, etc. are not possible. If the most recent expect or run encountered an error, go to the label ID. Similar to but does not fork. Similar to but goes to standard error instead of to the device. Sets the program in debug mode. It echoes each line to as well as giving the result of each expect and run. This can be useful for writing new scripts. The command disables this feature. Sends subsequent incoming characters to This can be used in the file as a security measure, because part of the incoming data stream contains the number of the caller. There is a similar feature in it writes the time and the login name into the same logfile. The command disables this feature. Similar to but better in some cases because it sends only digits to the log file, and not other characters. The command dis- ables this feature. Sets a global timeout value. Each expect uses time in the timeout reservoir; when this time is gone, the program gives up (exit 1). If this com- mand is not used, there is no global timeout. Also, the global timeout can be reset any time, and a value of 0 turns it off. Exits with this value. 0 is success; anything else is failure. To perform a rudimentary test of configuration files, run by hand, using the option followed by the name of the script file. then sends to standard output and expects from standard input; thus you can type the input, observe the output, and use the command to see messages. See the file for a good example of HALGOL programming. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
getx25(1), uucp(1). TO BE OBSOLETED opx25(1M)