Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX XML tag name content replacement Post 302762457 by periyasamycse on Monday 28th of January 2013 01:20:21 PM
Old 01-28-2013
XML tag name content replacement

Hi,

Need to replace an XML tag name contents, please provide any suggestions.

Scenario is :
Code:
<abc_def>Value_some_content</abc_def>

Expected output :
Code:
<abc:def>Value_some_content</abc:def>

We have many tag with different names & contents in a file or a string.
Please help on the above.

Thanks.

Last edited by Scott; 01-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get xml tag..

Sorry to trouble you guys again.....but i encounter this problem: My textfile contains this: 2006-01-12 01:12:08,290 INFO - The XML message **************<PM_ARRIVAL xmlns:xsi= "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchemainstance"><system_c>GMS</system_c><trans_c>ARLC</trans_c></<PM_ARRIVAL> 2006-01-12... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, awk [TAG]$content[/TAG] How to get var in $content in textfile?

Hello, I got a Qstion. Im posting to a phpbb forum with bash and curl.. i have a text file with the following tags that i post to the forum: $var1 $var2 $var3 How can i with sed or awk put var content from shell script between the ... in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atmosroll
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve the value from XML tag whose end tag is in next line

Hi All, Find the following code: <Universal>D38x82j1JJ </Universal> I want to retrieve the value of <Universal> tag as below: Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parse between to tag with upper tag

Hi Guys Here is my Input : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xn:MeContext id="01736"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="01736"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataMeContext</xn:vsDataType> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search for a particular tag in xml and collate all similar tag values and display them count

I want to basically do the below thing. Suppose there is a tag called object1. I want to display an output for all similar tag values under heading of Object 1 and the count of the xmls. Please help File: <xml><object1>house</object1><object2>child</object2>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
XML::Stream::Node(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      XML::Stream::Node(3)

NAME
XML::Stream::Node - Functions to make building and parsing the tree easier to work with. SYNOPSIS
Just a collection of functions that do not need to be in memory if you choose one of the other methods of data storage. This creates a hierarchy of Perl objects and provides various methods to manipulate the structure of the tree. It is much like the C library libxml. FORMAT
The result of parsing: <foo><head id="a">Hello <em>there</em></head><bar>Howdy<ref/></bar>do</foo> would be: [ tag: foo att: {} children: [ tag: head att: {id=>"a"} children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "Hello " ] [ tag: em children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "there" ] ] ] [ tag: bar children: [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "Howdy " ] [ tag: ref ] ] [ tag: "__xmlstream__:node:cdata" children: "do" ] ] METHODS
new() - creates a new node. If you specify tag, then the root new(tag) tag is set. If you specify data, then cdata is added new(tag,cdata) to the node as well. Returns the created node. get_tag() - returns the root tag of the node. set_tag(tag) - set the root tag of the node to tag. add_child(node) - adds the specified node as a child to the current add_child(tag) node, or creates a new node with the specified tag add_child(tag,cdata) as the root node. Returns the node added. remove_child(node) - removes the child node from the current node. remove_cdata() - removes all of the cdata children from the current node. add_cdata(string) - adds the string as cdata onto the current nodes child list. get_cdata() - returns all of the cdata children concatenated together into one string. get_attrib(attrib) - returns the value of the attrib if it is valid, or returns undef is attrib is not a real attribute. put_attrib(hash) - for each key/value pair specified, create an attribute in the node. remove_attrib(attrib) - remove the specified attribute from the node. add_raw_xml(string,[string,...]) - directly add a string into the XML packet as the last child, with no translation. get_raw_xml() - return all of the XML in a single string, undef if there is no raw XML to include. remove_raw_xml() - remove all raw XML strings. children() - return all of the children of the node in a list. attrib() - returns a hash containing all of the attributes on this node. copy() - return a recursive copy of the node. XPath(path) - run XML::Stream::XPath on this node. XPathCheck(path) - run XML::Stream::XPath on this node and return 1 or 0 to see if it matches or not. GetXML() - return the node in XML string form. AUTHOR
By Ryan Eatmon in June 2002 for http://jabber.org/ Currently maintained by Darian Anthony Patrick. COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2010-01-08 XML::Stream::Node(3)