Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenating 3 files into a single file Post 302762209 by Scrutinizer on Monday 28th of January 2013 08:46:33 AM
Old 01-28-2013
Try:
Code:
awk '{print $0,I}' I=I file1 I=O file2 I=D file3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenating x files into a one...

... i have 4 files to concatenate but in a certain order and i wanted to do it in a shorter one line command , if possible ! 4 files : file , file0 , file1 and file2 file1 into file2 file0 into the result file into the result thanks in advance Christian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nicol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

negatively concatenating files

That subject might sound weird. What I have is two files. One looks like: rf17 pts/59 Jul 10 08:43 (10.72.11.22) 27718 pts/59 0:00 b rf17 pts/3 Jul 10 10:03 (10.72.11.22) 32278 pts/3 1:43 b rf58 pts/29 Jul 10 10:09 (10.72.11.51) 44220 pts/29 0:06 b rf58 pts/61 Jul 10 08:45 (10.72.11.51)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating two files

HI I need to concatenate two files which are having headers. the result file should contain only the header from first file only and the header in second file have to be skipped. file1: name age sriram 23 file2 name age prabu 25 result file should be name age sriram 23 prabu ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriramprabu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating Text Files

Hi, I have 30 text files on UNIX that I need to concatenate and create one big file. Could anyone provide me with a solution (if one exist)? I need the answer asap (today). Thanks a lot. Denis (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222001459
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating column values with unique id into single row

Hi, I have a table in Db2 with data say id_1 phase1 id_1 phase2 id_1 phase3 id_2 phase1 id_2 phase2 I need to concatenate the values like id_1 phase1,phase2,phase3 id_2 phase1,phase2 I tried recursive query but in vain as the length of string to be concatenated in quite long. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsaravana
17 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Files In A Year/Month/Day File Structure

Hi Im trying to concatenate a specific file from each day in a year/month/day folder structure using Bash or equivalent. The file structure ends up like this: 2009/01/01/products 2009/01/02/products .... 2009/12/31/products The file I need is in products everyday and I need the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste 2 single column files to a single file

Hi, I have 2 csv/txt files with single columns. I am trying to merge them using paste, but its not working.. output3.csv: flowerbomb everlon-jewelry sofft steve-madden dolce-gabbana-watchoutput2.csv: http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Flowerbomb http://www1.abc.com/cms/slp/2/Everlon-Jewelry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a master file of conjugated verbs by concatenating root and inflection from separate files

Excuses for the long descriptive title. I am working with Sindhi and developing a database of all verbal conjugations in that language. I have generated 2 files: Verbs.dic contains all the verbs, one verb per line Inflections.dic contains the verbal conjugations which need to be appended to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output file name and file contents of multiple files to a single file

I am trying to consolidate multiple information files (<hostname>.Linux.nfslist) into one file so that I can import it into Excel. I can get the file contents with cat *Linux.nfslist >> nfslist.txt. I need each line prefaced with the hostname. I am unsure how to do this. --- Post updated at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kentlee65
5 Replies
comm(1) 							   User Commands							   comm(1)

NAME
comm - select or reject lines common to two files SYNOPSIS
comm [-123] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The comm utility reads file1 and file2, which must be ordered in the current collating sequence, and produces three text columns as output: lines only in file1; lines only in file2; and lines in both files. If the input files were ordered according to the collating sequence of the current locale, the lines written will be in the collating sequence of the original lines. If not, the results are unspecified. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -1 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file1. -2 Suppresses the output column of lines unique to file2. -3 Suppresses the output column of lines duplicated in file1 and file2. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file1 A path name of the first file to be compared. If file1 is -, the standard input is used. file2 A path name of the second file to be compared. If file2 is -, the standard input is used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of comm when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Printing a list of utilities specified by files If file1, file2, and file3 each contain a sorted list of utilities, the command example% comm -23 file1 file2 | comm -23 - file3 prints a list of utilities in file1 not specified by either of the other files. The entry: example% comm -12 file1 file2 | comm -12 - file3 prints a list of utilities specified by all three files. And the entry: example% comm -12 file2 file3 | comm -23 -file1 prints a list of utilities specified by both file2 and file3, but not specified in file1. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of comm: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were successfully output as specified. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), sort(1), uniq(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Mar 2004 comm(1)