Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hiding shell script code
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hiding shell script code Post 302762179 by Iced_R on Monday 28th of January 2013 08:01:12 AM
Old 01-28-2013
You can use sudo, or you can give only execution flags to the archive for other users.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code Hiding

Is there a way to hide the Perl script like we do in C and other languages? :rolleyes: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding perl-cgi code

Hi all, This is my first post in this forum. Searched the threads, couldn't get information about this. I have developed a web-based tool using CGI. The code consists of cgi files (.cgi) and functions written as Perl Modules( .pm files). As it is the tool works perfect. Now is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding PHP code on the server

Hi all, Sometime back, had put up a Q regarding hiding perl code. A: There is a utility known as 'pp' which comes along with PAR. Downloaded from CPAN. These people have done wonderful work I must say. Cool executables from perl scripts. Have one more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Shell: Hiding error messages

I am executing commands as follows in Bourne shell script. Filenames/directory names for the deletion/copying are unknown: rm * rmdir <directory> cp -p * <directory> Sometimes when no file or directory exists, error is encountered. This has no impact or whatever issue to my script but it's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: totziens
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hiding password for FTP in a script

Hi, I have a simple script to ftp from unix to a mainframe to get and put files. Currently I have the password setup in a VARS file and dereference the var in my script. Doing it this way allws me to change the password in only one place but it is still viewable for many people. Is there any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cass3
6 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

i get stuck with this shell script code

i get stuck here . Anyone could check my work? the user type a group of upper case letters at a time with 0 at the end. Find and display the first letter in alphabetic order. For example, input of F, G, K, S, U, G, D, Q, P , the result should be D Any invalid input character (eg. #, $, 3, a,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbcvn
5 Replies

7. Programming

Script shell in java code

Hello, Please i want to insert this code in a java program because i need to call a java function inside the while: Please how can i do? thank you so much (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell script code

Hello all, I am in a middle of an assignment and i would appreciate any help. How can i write a bash shell script code that checks if all elements in an array are the same numbers. I mean -->array = ( 0,0,0,0,0 ) ( e.g., if then return "OK' fi ) Thank you in advance, (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekie
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the exit code of a shell script in a perl script.?

hi, i want to pop up an alert box using perl script. my requirement is. i am using a html page which calls a perl script. this perl script calls a shell script.. after the shell script ends its execution, i am using exit 0 to terminate the shell script successfully and exit 1 to terminate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Code to shell script

Hi, I need to send the return code from a script to the parent shell script. But i am suppressing outputs while calling the child script. Is there any way still to get the return code from the child script with suppress output. Below is my script: I am using :$ while calling return.sh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
5 Replies
git_selinux(8)						 Git SELinux policy documentation					    git_selinux(8)

NAME
git_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the Git daemon. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the Git server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. SELinux Git policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their web services in as secure a method as possible. The following file contexts types are by default defined for Git: git_system_content_t - Set files with git_system_content_t if you want the Git system daemon to read the file, and if you want the file to be modifiable and executable by all "Git shell" users. git_session_content_t - Set files with git_session_content_t if you want the Git session and system daemon to read the file, and if you want the file to be modi- fiable and executable by all users. Note that "Git shell" users may not interact with this type. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. Git policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run Git with the tightest access possible. Allow the Git system daemon to search user home directories so that it can find git session content. This is useful if you want the Git system daemon to host users personal repositories. sudo setsebool -P git_system_enable_homedirs 1 Allow the Git system daemon to read system shared repositories on NFS shares. sudo setsebool -P git_system_use_nfs 1 Allow the Git system daemon to read system shared repositories on Samba shares. sudo setsebool -P git_system_use_cifs 1 Allow the Git session daemon to read users personal repositories on NFS mounted home directories. sudo setsebool -P use_nfs_home_dirs 1 Allow the Git session daemon to read users personal repositories on Samba mounted home directories. sudo setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1 To also allow Git system daemon to read users personal repositories on NFS and Samba mounted home directories you must also allow the Git system daemon to search home directories so that it can find the repositories. sudo setsebool -P git_system_enable_homedirs 1 To allow the Git System daemon mass hosting of users personal repositories you can allow the Git daemon to listen to any unreserved ports. sudo setsebool -P git_session_bind_all_unreserved_ports 1 GIT_SHELL The Git policy by default provides a restricted user environment to be used with "Git shell". This default git_shell_u SELinux user can modify and execute generic Git system content (generic system shared respositories with type git_system_content_t). To add a new Linux user and map him to this Git shell user domain automatically: sudo useradd -Z git_shell_u joe ADVANCED_SYSTEM_SHARED_REPOSITORY_AND GIT_SHELL_RESTRICTIONS Alternatively Git SELinux policy can be used to restrict "Git shell" users to git system shared repositories. The policy allows for the creation of new types of Git system content and Git shell user environment. The policy allows for delegation of types of "Git shell" envi- ronments to types of Git system content. To add a new Git system repository type, for example "project1" create a file named project1.te and add to it: policy_module(project1, 1.0.0) git_content_template(project1) Next create a file named project1.fc and add a file context specification for the new repository type to it: /srv/git/project1.git(/.*)? gen_context(system_u:object_r:git_project1_content_t,s0) Build a binary representation of this source policy module, load it into the policy store and restore the context of the repository: make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile project.pp sudo semodule -i project1.pp sudo restorecon -R -v /srv/git/project1 To create a "Git shell" domain that can interact with this repository create a file named project1user.te in the same directory as where the source policy for the Git systemm content type is and add the following: policy_module(project1user, 1.0.0) git_role_template(project1user) git_content_delegation(project1user_t, git_project1_content_t) gen_user(project1user_u, user, project1user_r, s0, s0) Build a binary representation of this source policy module, load it into the policy store and map Linux users to the new project1user_u SELinux user: make -f /usr/share/selinux/devel/Makefile project1user.pp sudo semodule -i project1user.pp sudo useradd -Z project1user_u jane system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dominick Grift <domg472@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), git(8), chcon(1), semodule(8), setsebool(8) domg472@gmail.com 27 May 2010 git_selinux(8)