Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - hangs during boot Post 302762139 by psychocandy on Monday 28th of January 2013 06:42:45 AM
Old 01-28-2013
Solaris 10 - hangs during boot

Power server up runs through diagnostics.
Goes to the boot section and then the bit where the cursor is spinning and thats it. Hangs completely.

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. AIX

RS6K B50 Hangs at E140 on Boot

I've got an RS6K B50, and i've installed AIX 5.3, TL5. It installs fine, the only customisations i make to the BOS are to change the locale / keyboard layout to UK, and to choose not to install graphical software. I have no video card in this box, and i connect via a serial console (null modem... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigp84
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Boot hangs up on solaris

Hi all, I have a SUN server Sun-Fire-V890 running solaris 9, with a remote system console . Both the IP adresses of the server and the console are in a private network (address 10.67.xxx). For some reasons I need to give the access to the server from outside address 194.xxx, but I prefer that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX hangs on boot

Hi guys, Got a tiny bit of a problem on one of our servers here at work. I installed AIX 5.3 on the server and that went fine. Then I upgraded to ML 5300-05-01, but now the system just hangs on boot. The system starts up and the monitor comes on in few minutes, but a few seconds later when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drchris
6 Replies

5. AIX

AIX hangs through the boot process

To All: I have this AIX machine (see boot process below). The problem was it hangs at: The ctrmc Subsystem has been started. Subsystem PID is 11906.. I checked with other forums but their advise were just "strong punches in the air" with no specific explanation. I really appreciate if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_xia
6 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Boot hangs while adding swap

Boot process hangs after reaching the following line: Adding 5853176k swap on /dev/mapper/mch-swap_1. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:5853176kUsing knoppix 6.2 as LiveCD, and mounting the partitions, I got the following: # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # # Use 'blkid -o value -s... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzaker
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 Boot Hangs On Power4 Hardware

Hi all, We have a old Power4 server with AIX version 5.3 installed. Upon boot up, it hangs right after the AIX welcome screen. On the diagnostic load progress LED indicator, I saw that it stopped at '0c32' then after awhile the LED would be blank. The screen on the monitor will hang at the black... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
15 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Server Hangs at boot

Hi Guys, I have a SunBlade 1500 which I use to practice at home. Suddenly when I power on the server it just displays the solaris banner and Boot device: disk File and args: Then it stops and says " rebooting with command: boot" It doesn't boot to the kernel. Is there anyway I can possibly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
5 Replies
XDefineCursor(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						  XDefineCursor(3)

NAME
XDefineCursor, XUndefineCursor - define cursors SYNTAX
int XDefineCursor(Display *display, Window w, Cursor cursor); int XUndefineCursor(Display *display, Window w); ARGUMENTS
cursor Specifies the cursor that is to be displayed or None. display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
If a cursor is set, it will be used when the pointer is in the window. If the cursor is None, it is equivalent to XUndefineCursor. XDefineCursor can generate BadCursor and BadWindow errors. The XUndefineCursor function undoes the effect of a previous XDefineCursor for this window. When the pointer is in the window, the par- ent's cursor will now be used. On the root window, the default cursor is restored. XUndefineCursor can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory. BadCursor A value for a Cursor argument does not name a defined Cursor. BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XCreateFontCursor(3), XRecolorCursor(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XDefineCursor(3)