Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Can igniteUX run on windows? or Solaris? to instal HP-UX on a PA-RISC? Post 302762099 by spitzer on Monday 28th of January 2013 05:24:24 AM
Old 01-28-2013
Ingite doesn't run in anything else than HP-UX? Not even another unix or Linux?
Is there any other way to install HP-UX on a C3750, then?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How do you run Unix on top of Windows?

Okay, so here's my dealio. I have a (rather old) system that runs Windows 98 Second Edition. What i wanna do is be able to run Unix from it. My question is, how do you do that? A friend told me that when you boot up, the computer will ask you which OS you want to run. I'm really not quite clear on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkAngel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm looking for a 64-bit Desktop that will run Windows, Linspire, FreeBSD and Solaris

Ok, I've been shopping around and I've seen some nice one's, but they are either too expensive or they are not 64-bit; I want to be prepared for the future at the right price (under $3,000 with a decent configuration)! :D Where can I find a good 64-bit desktop or workstation that will run the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Nice Guy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

run process on windows server

hi all in our office we have windows 2003 server for one particular application designed by our team need one service must be running on windows server now when we run process from any user it runs till that user is logged in as soon as he logs off service stops running. we had win 2000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

5. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a Cron instal pkg for MIPS-SEL processors?

Does anyone know if there is a pkg for installing cron on a mips processor machine with embedded linux? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trogman
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run an already made script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question

how to run an already developed script run against a list of ip addresses solaris 8 question. the script goes away and check traffic information, for example check_GE-VLANStats-P3 1.1.1.1 and returns the results ok. how do I run this against an ip list? i.e a list of 30 ip addresses (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
26 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Run Linux command from windows

hi i downloaded nic demo application from nic.comuf.com. working fine ,but when i run batch script ,always display splash screen maybe 10 sec. how can i remove splash screen when run batch script.? thanks z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C Shell script not run with Windows 10

Hi all, I have a script has been writing for Unix or Linux. Now I want to run under Windows 10. is give me Error: if:Badly formed number How to fix this please help *** This is a copy of a part of Script. set absolute_gap = 0 if ($min_p_to_p != "" && $min_p_to_p != "N/A" && $min_p_to_t... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovo
5 Replies
crt0_pa(3)						     Library Functions Manual							crt0_pa(3)

NAME
crt0_pa: crt0.o, gcrt0.o, mcrt0.o - execution startup routines for PA-RISC systems SYNOPSIS
Remarks PA-RISC 64-bit ELF uses only. This manpage describes on PA-RISC systems. For on Integrity systems, see crt0_ia(3). DESCRIPTION
PA-RISC 32-bit SOM The C, Pascal, and FORTRAN compilers link in the object files or to provide startup capabilities and environments for program execution. All are identical except that and provide additional functionality for gprof(1) and prof(1) profiling support respectively. The following symbols are defined in these object files: An array of character pointers to the environment in which the program will run. This array is terminated by a null pointer. A variable of type short containing the FPU model number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type short containing the FPU revision number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type int containing CPU specific information. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type int containing the CPU revision of the machine. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type int containing the system id value for an executable program. Execution start address. A secondary startup routine for C programs, called from which in turn calls This routine is contained in the C library rather than the file. For Pascal and FORTRAN programs, this symbol labels the beginning of the outer block (main program) and is generated by the compilers. The initial address of the program's data pointer. The startup code loads this address into general register 27. The beginning of the stack unwind table. The end of the stack unwind table. The beginning of the try/recover table. The end of the try/recover table. The file defines a null procedure for so programs compiled with profiling can be linked without profiling. The linker defines the following two symbols: The beginning address of the program's text area. The beginning address of the program's data area. PA-RISC 64-bit ELF The C, Pascal, and FORTRAN compilers link in the object file to provide startup capabilities and environments for program execution. It contains startup code that must be linked using to every PA-RISC 64-bit program. In a program, the object file is not used, and all actions normally associated with it are instead done by the dynamic loader dld.sl(5). Additional functionality for prof(1) and gprof(1) profiling support is no longer handled by In a PA-RISC 64-bit environment, processes initializers and terminators. Initializers are routines that are called before the program entry point and terminators are routines that are called when the program terminates via the routine. Initializers are invoked in reverse order of the link line so that dependent libraries are initialized before the libraries that depend on them. Terminators, on the other hand, are invoked in the forward order. Unlike the SOM version of for PA-RISC 64-bit ELF does not define any variables. It, however, sets the following global variables: A variable of type long containing the number of arguments. An array of character pointers to the arguments themselves. An array of character pointers to the environment in which the program will run. This array is terminated by a null pointer. A variable of type int containing CPU specific information. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the FPU model number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the FPU revision number returned by the FP status instruction. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the CPU revision of the machine. This variable is initialized with data from the kernel. A variable of type long containing the system id value for an executable program. A variable of type long containing the requested thread local storage size. This variable is initialized with data from the ker- nel. A variable of type void * containing load information passed from the kernel. AUTHOR
The features described in this entry originated from AT&T UNIX System III. FILES
SEE ALSO
Profiling and Debugging Tools gprof(1) display call graph profile data monitor(3C) prepare execution profile prof(1) display profile data profil(2) execution time profile System Tools cc(1) invoke the HP-UX C compiler exec(2) execute a file f77(1) invoke the HP-UX FORTRAN compiler ld(1) invoke the link editor dld.sl(5) the PA-RISC dynamic loader pc(1) invoke the HP-UX Pascal compiler Miscellaneous end(3C) symbol of the last locations in program PA-RISC Systems Only crt0_pa(3)