Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sound not working in laptop model Lenovo T430 Post 302761925 by Priy on Sunday 27th of January 2013 12:54:47 PM
Old 01-27-2013
Thanks for your answer.

It started working after fresh installation of CentOS 6.3 64bit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Sound Not Working with kernel 2.6.9.11

I've got an FC3 rc1 box here. If I use the stock kernel that it came with, sound works fine using the intel i8x0 chipset (ALSA drivers). But when I boot into my own custom compiled kernel, all audio apps work as they should (XMMS' graphic "scope" displays audio playback, esd gets launched when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

sound not in fc5 but in fc 2 working

i am using toshiba laptop model a60 using xp and fedora when i use fedora 2 . sound is working, but when i upgrade to fc5 my sound is not is not working can anybody help me also i can connect to internet to dsl through my network card. and also i can connect to a win proxy pls anybody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadiquep
1 Replies

3. Solaris

installed new opensolaris but sound not working

today i installed new opensola, but sound drivers are not working properly. getting this error, i m totally new to solaris. - nilesh Getting this error...... - nilesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Sound not working on Solaris 10 running on Sun Virtual Box

Hello Friends, I have installed Solaris 10 on on Sun Virtual Box. I am able to browse internet on solaris 10 thru firefox, however I am not getting sound, there is cross on the tray icon of sound. Please help with this !! Regards, Sahil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahilsardana
3 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Laptop

Is it possible to install Ubuntu 11.04 or Ubuntu 11.10 in Lenovo Thinkpad E520-1143 Now it Powerd By windowd Xp Professional is it possible to install Ubuntu in it and supports all drivers for ma laptop such as VGA driver Sound,Wireless,Lan , fingerprint,camera pls reply r is it possible to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to type ^ (caret) on Lenovo laptop?

Hi how to type " ^ " symbol in unix .. i am using a lenovo laptop ^ matches start of line (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need to configure my laptop Thinkpad - T430 as wifi hotspot

Hi All, I have a Thinkpad - T430, which is having the wireless card as "03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205". This one i need to configure as wifi hotspot. which i believe need to configure hostapd.conf, this kind of configuration is new to me anybody done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris flicker on lenovo laptop x230

hi I installled Solaris 11.3 on my Lenovo X230 with Intel HD Graphics 4000, trouble is the graphic driver doesn't play well with 11.3, on the right of the screen, it blinking/flashing/shifting and no colour (grey; see pic below). I try to reduce resolution to 1024*768, I can't reduce the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: van12
8 Replies
SMOKEPING_CGI(1)						     SmokePing							  SMOKEPING_CGI(1)

NAME
smokeping_cgi - SmokePing webfrontend OVERVIEW
This script acts as a 'website' for your SmokePing monitoring operation. It presents the targets you are looking at in a tree structure and draws graphs as they are required by people looking at the pages. DESCRIPTION
To get smokeping_cgi going, you need a webserver which allows you to run CGI or better FastCGI scripts. The system must be setup so that the cgi process is allowed to write to the image caching area as defined in the config file. This script runs fine as a normal CGI, BUT it will appear to be very slow, because it does a lot of things when starting up. So if the script has to be started a fresh on every click, this is both slow and a tough thing for your webserver. I therefore strongly recommend using FastCGI. Please refer to the installation document for detailed setup instructions. SETUP
There is a sample htdocs directory in your smokeping installation root. Copy its content to the place where your webserver expects its files. There are also two sample cgi scripts showing how to launch the smokeping cgi in your website. The only difference is the file extension. Adjust the paths in the script and you should be ready to go. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011 by Tobias Oetiker. All right reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2013-03-17 SMOKEPING_CGI(1)