Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to scp shadow file of b form system a? Post 302761737 by manalisharmabe on Saturday 26th of January 2013 03:32:59 PM
Old 01-26-2013
RedHat

Hey ,

But give me an exaple as how to do it ?

Thanks,
Manali

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shadow file

Sirs, What is a shadow file,How it be usefull.For my project i have to keep the password in shawdow file also i am doing in php how can i do it. Thanks in advance, ArunKumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shadow file

what does 'x' in the encrypted password field in /etc/shaodw file represent? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbashir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

*LK* in /etc/shadow file

my etc/shadow file showing *LK* for a particular user.. can u tell me under which circumstances a user is locked (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/shadow file....

Does anyone know what "!!" represents in the password field of the /etc/shadow file? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow File

I see conflicting definitions for the shadow file. For Solaris, what are the fields please? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shadow file

Hi, In shadow file smithj:Ep6mckrOLChF.:10063:0:99999:7::: 3rd Field 10063 indicates the number of days (since January 1, 1970) since the password was last changed. I want to get the result with script the date on which the password was last changed in YYYY-MM-DD format. can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow file help

As a part of linux hardening In shadow file all Application accounts which are not locked must contain only an asterisk “*” in the Passwd field. But how would i do it by using command? Is there any way other than modifying shadow file to accomplish this task? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies
IO::Wrap(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       IO::Wrap(3)

NAME
IO::Wrap - wrap raw filehandles in IO::Handle interface SYNOPSIS
use IO::Wrap; ### Do stuff with any kind of filehandle (including a bare globref), or ### any kind of blessed object that responds to a print() message. ### sub do_stuff { my $fh = shift; ### At this point, we have no idea what the user gave us... ### a globref? a FileHandle? a scalar filehandle name? $fh = wraphandle($fh); ### At this point, we know we have an IO::Handle-like object! $fh->print("Hey there!"); ... } DESCRIPTION
Let's say you want to write some code which does I/O, but you don't want to force the caller to provide you with a FileHandle or IO::Handle object. You want them to be able to say: do_stuff(*STDOUT); do_stuff('STDERR'); do_stuff($some_FileHandle_object); do_stuff($some_IO_Handle_object); And even: do_stuff($any_object_with_a_print_method); Sure, one way to do it is to force the caller to use tiehandle(). But that puts the burden on them. Another way to do it is to use IO::Wrap, which provides you with the following functions: wraphandle SCALAR This function will take a single argument, and "wrap" it based on what it seems to be... o A raw scalar filehandle name, like "STDOUT" or "Class::HANDLE". In this case, the filehandle name is wrapped in an IO::Wrap object, which is returned. o A raw filehandle glob, like "*STDOUT". In this case, the filehandle glob is wrapped in an IO::Wrap object, which is returned. o A blessed FileHandle object. In this case, the FileHandle is wrapped in an IO::Wrap object if and only if your FileHandle class does not support the "read()" method. o Any other kind of blessed object, which is assumed to be already conformant to the IO::Handle interface. In this case, you just get back that object. If you get back an IO::Wrap object, it will obey a basic subset of the IO:: interface. That is, the following methods (note: I said methods, not named operators) should work on the thing you get back: close getline getlines print ARGS... read BUFFER,NBYTES seek POS,WHENCE tell NOTES
Clearly, when wrapping a raw external filehandle (like *STDOUT), I didn't want to close the file descriptor when the "wrapper" object is destroyed... since the user might not appreciate that! Hence, there's no DESTROY method in this class. When wrapping a FileHandle object, however, I believe that Perl will invoke the FileHandle::DESTROY when the last reference goes away, so in that case, the filehandle is closed if the wrapped FileHandle really was the last reference to it. WARNINGS
This module does not allow you to wrap filehandle names which are given as strings that lack the package they were opened in. That is, if a user opens FOO in package Foo, they must pass it to you either as "*FOO" or as "Foo::FOO". However, "STDIN" and friends will work just fine. VERSION
$Id: Wrap.pm,v 1.2 2005/02/10 21:21:53 dfs Exp $ AUTHOR
Primary Maintainer David F. Skoll (dfs@roaringpenguin.com). Original Author Eryq (eryq@zeegee.com). President, ZeeGee Software Inc (http://www.zeegee.com). POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 212: '=item' outside of any '=over' =over without closing =back perl v5.16.3 2005-02-10 IO::Wrap(3)