Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to scp shadow file of b form system a? Post 302761737 by manalisharmabe on Saturday 26th of January 2013 03:32:59 PM
Old 01-26-2013
RedHat

Hey ,

But give me an exaple as how to do it ?

Thanks,
Manali

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shadow file

Sirs, What is a shadow file,How it be usefull.For my project i have to keep the password in shawdow file also i am doing in php how can i do it. Thanks in advance, ArunKumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shadow file

what does 'x' in the encrypted password field in /etc/shaodw file represent? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbashir
3 Replies

4. Solaris

*LK* in /etc/shadow file

my etc/shadow file showing *LK* for a particular user.. can u tell me under which circumstances a user is locked (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/shadow file....

Does anyone know what "!!" represents in the password field of the /etc/shadow file? :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avcert1998
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow File

I see conflicting definitions for the shadow file. For Solaris, what are the fields please? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidS
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using SCP command in IBM AIX to download file from remote to local system

Hi, When i run the code in solaris unix machine, the file from remote server is getting downloaded. but when i use the same code in IBM AIX remote machine, it is not running. It is saying "Erro during scp transfer." Below is the code. Please give some resolution. SCPClient client = new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gravi2020
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shadow file

Hi, In shadow file smithj:Ep6mckrOLChF.:10063:0:99999:7::: 3rd Field 10063 indicates the number of days (since January 1, 1970) since the password was last changed. I want to get the result with script the date on which the password was last changed in YYYY-MM-DD format. can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shadow file help

As a part of linux hardening In shadow file all Application accounts which are not locked must contain only an asterisk “*” in the Passwd field. But how would i do it by using command? Is there any way other than modifying shadow file to accomplish this task? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies
NBDST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  NBDST(8)

NAME
nbdst -- NetBoot deferred shadow tool SYNOPSIS
nbdst [-recycle | -preallocate size] devnode shadowfile DESCRIPTION
nbdst is used during NetBoot to associate a shadow file with the disk image being used as the root device. After the shadow file is attached, subsequent writes to the root device will be redirected to the shadow file, which normally resides on local storage. nbdst is invoked by /etc/rc.netboot ARGUMENTS
The following arguments must be specified: devnode The device node of the root device, in the form "disk0" shadowfile Path to a shadow file which will be created and associated with the NetBoot root device OPTIONS
-recycle If a shadow file already exists, reset it and use it again. Otherwise, information written to an existing shadow file will reap- pear. Reusing a previous shadow file without resetting it requires that the shadow file be created with the same base image. -preallocate size Set the shadow file to the given size up front. This forces a reset of the shadow file (like -recycle). NOTE
nbdst can only be run as root. SEE ALSO
hdiutil(1), hdik(8) Mac OS X 29 Apr 2003 Mac OS X