Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: StorageTek 2540 SAN array
Operating Systems Solaris StorageTek 2540 SAN array Post 302761703 by edison303 on Saturday 26th of January 2013 12:48:02 PM
Old 01-26-2013
Yes, we upgraded the array to all 600GB drives. The current firmware doesn't support using all 12 drives in single array. Furthermore, the current firmware has known performance issues.

When we first got the array, we were able to download all the software freely from Sun, including the CAM and firmware we have on there now. The latest firmware was also freely available on Sun's site prior to their acquisition and Oracle hasn't made any updates to the firmware that I'm aware of.

chilinski, to your point, lots of people were able get for free what Oracle is charging for now. An argument could be made that anyone who downloaded the firmware prior to the acquisition would have the license to install that firmware on any array.

Either way, I've called Oracle trying to buy a support contract, but they won't let me. From what I understand, without having an original receipt from Sun or an authorized Sun vendor, Oracle we simple cannot get a support contract for this Sun hardware. If anyone can tell me otherwise, I'm all ears.

I do have an Oracle support *account* that was migrated from the free Sun account, but I cannot access the firmware URL. I can only assume that's due to not having a support contract.

If I'd had any idea that Oracle would be like this, I would have stayed on top of the firmware and downloaded the later version prior to the buyout.

I just want a properly-working array.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

One StorageTek 6140 vs Two (2) 2540 's?

We're moving our production 3510FC to development, so we need to replace the production 3510FC. The 6140 is nice, but pricey. Here's the question: Would two 2540's (RAID 10) be 'faster' than one 3510? (RAID 10) and faster than one 6140 (RAID 10)? One StoregeTek 6140 (16x72GB 15k rpm fc-al... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhavelvet
12 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Configure large volume on Sun StorageTek 2540 array

Hi, We have 12x1TB SATA disks in our array and I need to create 10TB volume. I defined new storage profile on array and when I tried to add volume, I faced with ~2TB limit for new volumes. I didn't find how to set another limit on my storage profile. Is there is a way to configure one large... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun StorageTek 2540 - shutdown matrix

Hi, I have a simple question on how to correctly disable the matrix? Looking for the Common Array Manager and I do not see this option... Thank for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Storagetek 2540

Hi peeps, Was wondering if anyone can help me, got a couple of storagetek 2540's that I need to configure. Trouble is I think they were brought as second user as all that came with them was cables. Does anyone know how to configure them (i.e. create raid sets and map to Luns and present... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: callmebob
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Storagetek 2540

Hello all ! I am a beginner about system and networking , and after some research on internet , i didn't find any relevant information , so i post here , if someone have an experience with this kind of material or if some documentation about how to connect my storage device on my server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acorradi
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SAN questions about Sun StorageTek array

Hi, I have a question about Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager (CAM): What is the concept of 'host'? Is it the hostname of the server that has access to the managed array? If so, can I use its IP instead of its hostname? I've found a 'host' under CAM called XYZ (See below). In our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

8. Hardware

StorageTek 2540 battery failed

Hi all, My Sun StorageTek 2540 have redundant batteries, but a battery was failed. # /opt/SUNWstkcam/bin/sscs list -d MyStorage1 fru Name FRU Alarm State Status Revision Unique Id -------------------------- ----------- --------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Storagetek 2540

Hi Guys and Gals, Wionder if you could help me, got a problem with a controller on a storagetek 2540, dead when fully powered up but if you reboot, it is ok for a couple of seconds (and you can ping it). Then once the array is fully up, it goes faulty and is un-pingable. Had anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540

Hi Guys, I have situation here ... server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540 , storagetek 2540 unable to be ping.From DAS URL the storage is undetected. Any idea why this is happening. Please share. Thank you. Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralirajah
1 Replies
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3) 			      gnutls				   gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)

NAME
gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name - Get certificate's alternative name, if any SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/x509.h> int gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, unsigned int seq, void * ret, size_t * ret_size, unsigned int * critical); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_x509_crt_t cert should contain a gnutls_x509_crt_t structure unsigned int seq specifies the sequence number of the alt name (0 for the first one, 1 for the second etc.) void * ret is the place where the alternative name will be copied to size_t * ret_size holds the size of ret. unsigned int * critical will be non zero if the extension is marked as critical (may be null) DESCRIPTION
This function will return the alternative names, contained in the given certificate. This is specified in X509v3 Certificate Extensions. GNUTLS will return the Alternative name (2.5.29.17), or a negative error code. When the SAN type is otherName, it will extract the data in the otherName's value field, and GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME is returned. You may use gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_othername_oid() to get the corresponding OID and the "virtual" SAN types (e.g., GNUTLS_SAN_OTHERNAME_XMPP). If an otherName OID is known, the data will be decoded. Otherwise the returned data will be DER encoded, and you will have to decode it yourself. Currently, only the RFC 3920 id-on-xmppAddr SAN is recognized. RETURNS
the alternative subject name type on success, one of the enumerated gnutls_x509_subject_alt_name_t. It will return GNUTLS_E_SHORT_MEM- ORY_BUFFER if ret_size is not large enough to hold the value. In that case ret_size will be updated with the required size. If the cer- tificate does not have an Alternative name with the specified sequence number then GNUTLS_E_REQUESTED_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_x509_crt_get_subject_alt_name(3)