Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking commandline
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking commandline Post 302761641 by vbe on Saturday 26th of January 2013 07:45:45 AM
Old 01-26-2013
reminder why other threads are closed also...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list only directories in commandline.

I want to list only directories in the command line using ls command. Can anyone please help me. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating commandline argument

Hi, I am calling a script script2.shl from script1.shl as below script2.shl "TABLE_NAME" -r 10 In that I have to validate the parameter 4. i.e : it should be only 10 20 30 40 50 I know that I can do it by checking like below if ]; then echo "TRUE" else echo "FALSE" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

$OPTARG changes commandline input

Hi there, I hope, that I do not open an thread, that is already existing, but I didn't found something matching with my problem while searching for problems with "getopts" My problem ist, that I'm taking arguments from commandline into my script with getopts, I've an flag -s, after that there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thommes_pommes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in commandline

Hi, I am using curl to hit a url using http in solaris 10 using commandline, I want to transfer an attachment(using multipart curl -F) also as a part of the request. If anyone has used kindly help me with the syntax. I am using below command: /usr/local/bin/curl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishmaha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple commandline switches

I have a script that has commandline switches that work no problem. But i don't know how to enable it to have multiple switches at one time. So I'd want myscript -h -o or even myscript -ho but i'm having no luck incorporating this. I tried shifting but i'm not getting it. Thanks ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script and Commandline difference

Hey there, I just stumbled upon a difference between using awk on the commandline and using it in a shellscript. I have a variable, e.g.: PROG=vim then i want to check if the package with this name is installed: TEMPVAL=$(dpkg -l | awk '{ if ($2 == "$PROG") print $2 }') (Im using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrSnail
10 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Opening Applications from the commandline

as you probably/may know, one can open any application from the application folder with the command open -a program_name I found that out today and so I created aliases in .bash_profile and they work. alias safari="open -a safari" alias gimp="open -a gimp" alias seamonkey="open -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load config file at commandline

Hello, This would be very basic question to most of you, but for me as a newbie it is an un-know. I would like to load a configuration file into memory before executing a specific command. For example: I have a config file that holds all the database connectivity information and I'd like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script executed by Cron or commandline

Hello all, I have a question regarding the difference betwen cron and command line. What I would like to do is to print a statement into a logfile if a script has been executed from cron or from command line. It should be as: #!/bin/bash if <Check if this script has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
3 Replies
csa_read_next_reminder(library call)									      csa_read_next_reminder(library call)

NAME
csa_read_next_reminder -- reads the next reminder of the given type in the specified calendar relative to a given time SYNOPSIS
#include <xcsa.h> CSA_return_code csa_read_next_reminder( CSA_session_handle session, CSA_uint32 number_names, CSA_attribute_reference *reminder_names, CSA_date_time given_time, CSA_uint32 *number_reminders, CSA_reminder_reference **reminder_references, CSA_extension *read_next_reminder_extensions); DESCRIPTION
The csa_read_next_reminder function reads the next reminder of the specified type in the specified calendar relative to a given time. More than one type of reminder may be specified. For each reminder type specified, the next reminder of that type after the given time will be returned. The owner of the calendar or users with CSA_OWNER_RIGHTS access right can read the next reminder for a calendar. ARGUMENTS
Session (Session Handle) Opaque session handle that represents a session with the calendaring service. Session handles are created by a logon function call and invalidated with a logoff function call. If the session handle is invalid, then the error CSA_E_INVALID_SESSION_HANDLE is returned. Number Names (Uint32) Specifies the size of reminder_names. Reminder Names (Attribute Reference) A pointer to an array of attribute references. This is an array of reminder attribute names. The names are used as search criteria to return the next reminder of each type. If NULL, then the first reminder after the given time will be returned, no matter what type it is. If an invalid reminder type is specified, then the error CSA_E_INVALID_ATTRIBUTE is returned. Given Time (Date Time) The given date and time after which the search for the next reminder is to begin. If the date and time value is incorrect, then the error CSA_E_INVALID_DATE_TIME will be returned. Read Next Reminder Extensions (Extension) A pointer to an array of CSA_extension structures for this function. The array may contain both input extensions for providing additional information to the function and output extensions for receiving information from the function. A value of NULL indicates that the caller is not using any extensions. See the extensions structure for more information. RETURN VALUE
Number Reminders (Uint32) The number of reminder reference structures returned in reminder_references. If no reminders were found a value of zero is returned. Reminder References (Reminder Reference) A pointer to an array of reminder reference structures. This array is allocated by the service, and should be freed with a single call to csa_free(3). Read Next Reminder Extensions (Extension) If output extensions were passed to the function in the extensions list, the results from the service will be available in the extension. See the extensions structure for more information. Whether the function succeeded or not, and, if not, why. It may be success or one of the values listed under ERRORS below. ERRORS
The csa_read_next_reminder function returns the following error values: CSA_E_FAILURE There was a general failure that does not fit the description of any other error code. CSA_E_INSUFFICIENT_MEMORY Insufficient memory was available to complete the requested operation. CSA_E_INVALID_ATTRIBUTE An attribute was specified that was not defined by this specification and the implementation does not support the attribute as an application specific attribute. CSA_E_INVALID_DATE_TIME An invalid date and time combination was specified. CSA_E_INVALID_FLAG A flag value in the flags argument was invalid. CSA_E_INVALID_FUNCTION_EXT The function extension requested is invalid. CSA_E_INVALID_PARAMETER A function parameter was invalid. CSA_E_INVALID_SESSION_HANDLE The specified Session Handle is invalid or no longer valid (e.g., after logging off). CSA_E_NO_AUTHORITY The user has insufficient authority for this function. CSA_E_NOT_SUPPORTED The operation requested is not supported by this implementation. CSA_E_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE The requested calendar service is unavailable. CSA_E_UNSUPPORTED_ATTRIBUTE An attribute was encountered that is unsupported by the calendar service. CSA_E_UNSUPPORTED_FLAG The flag requested is not supported. CSA_E_UNSUPPORTED_FUNCTION_EXT The specified function extension is not supported or CSA_EXT_REQUIRED is set. SEE ALSO
csa/csa.h - csacsa(5), csa_add_calendar(3), csa_add_entry(3), csa_call_callbacks(3), csa_delete_calendar(3), csa_delete_entry(3), csa_free(3), csa_free_time_search(3), csa_list_calendar_attributes(3), csa_list_calendars(3), csa_list_entries(3), csa_list_entry_attributes(3), csa_list_entry_sequence(3), csa_logoff(3), csa_logon(3), csa_look_up(3), csa_query_configuration(3), csa_read_calendar_attributes(3), csa_read_entry_attributes(3), csa_register_callback(3), csa_unregister_callback(3), csa_update_calen- dar_attributes(3), csa_update_entry_attributes(3). csa_read_next_reminder(library call)