Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Urgent - XML Attribute Remove Post 302761563 by muchyog on Saturday 26th of January 2013 01:31:32 AM
Old 01-26-2013
Urgent - XML Attribute Remove

Hi

I have got a XML file which has got content as follows:

Code:
<FUNCall81110000 Tag="81110000" CallDate="25/08/11" CallTime="00:03:22" TotalUsageValue="30" MeasurementUnit="1"/>

I want to remove TotalUsageValue="30" only
and TotalUsageValue="XXXXX"
here XXX can be any value.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Awk : Urgent

Hi All, I am a beginner to Unix. So would really appreciate if people out here can help me out. I have a XML file which has a element <NoteData> in which two values DBHA and DAKO. I need to search these in all the XML files in a directory and if found in the XML file then replace the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

command to remove attribute of an html tag

Is there any shell command to clean an html tag of its attributes. For ex <p align ="center"> with <p>. Thanks for your help!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read xml tag attribute and store it in variable

Hi, How to read xml tag attributes and store into variable in shell script? Thanks, Swetha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent help to convert xml to xsl or csv

Urgent help to transfer data from .xml to xl sheet where each attribute and value goes into seperate column.Please help me with the command.Please help Thanks Uma (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the value of an attribute tag from XML

Greetings, I am very new to the UNIX shell scripting and would like to learn. However, I am currently stuck on how to process the below sample of code from an XML file using UNIX comands: <ATTRIBUTE NAME="Memory" VALUE="512MB"/> <ATTRIBUTE NAME="CPU Speed" VALUE="3.0GHz"/> <ATTRIBUTE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesterMania
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing attribute value in xml file using shell

I have an xml file.I want to change the value of some tag: <WASConfig version='1.1'> <JavaVirtualMachine> <scope> <server> <hostNode>myAsNode</hostNode> <name>myserver</name> </server> </scope> <Settings> <Setting> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the value of an middle attribute tag from XML

Hi All, Please help me out in resolving this.. <secondTag enabled='true' processName='test1' pidFile='/tmp/test1.pid' /> From the above tag, I'm trying to retrieve the value of enabled and pidFile attributes by means of processName attribute. Would be thankful in resolving this..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.?

I am trying to extract specific XML attribute values for search pattern <factories.*baseQueueName' from resources.xml. my scripts works ok,, but to extract 3 values this code does echo $line three times, it could be 'n' times. How can I use awk to extract matching pattern values in-line or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies
XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3)

NAME
XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter - output XML in canonical XML format SYNOPSIS
use XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter; $writer = XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter OPTIONS; $parser->parse(Handler => $writer); DESCRIPTION
"XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter" is a PerlSAX handler that will return a string or write a stream of canonical XML for an XML instance and it's content. "XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter" objects hold the options used for writing the XML objects. Options can be supplied when the the object is created, $writer = new XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter PrintComments => 1; or modified at any time before calling the parser's `"parse()"' method: $writer->{PrintComments} = 0; OPTIONS
IOHandle IOHandle contains a handle for writing the canonical XML to. If an IOHandle is not provided, the canonical XML string will be returned from `"parse()"'. PrintComments By default comments are not written to the output. Setting comment to a true value will include comments in the output. AUTHOR
Ken MacLeod, ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us SEE ALSO
perl(1), PerlSAX James Clark's Canonical XML definition <http://www.jclark.com/xml/canonxml.html> perl v5.12.1 2003-10-21 XML::Handler::CanonXMLWriter(3)