Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Linux to determine version of Windows Post 302761551 by jamarsh on Friday 25th of January 2013 11:55:20 PM
Old 01-26-2013
Using Linux to determine version of Windows

This is an odd question and I didn't really know what category it fits. I just installed Ubuntu 12.10. During the installation process, the screen informed me that Windows 7 was installed in a particular partition.

I'm just wondering how this was accomplished. Using 'fdisk -l' will indicate NTFS partitions but does not give specifics of the Windows version.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determine Unix Version

Is there a trick to determine the exact version from Unix that one is working with? I would have expected to see it after logon, but all I get are some Copyright-messages... I know it's some HP-UX, but I would like to know the version-number Tnx in advance! Dave (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davegeysemans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cmd to determine my OS version?

I'm looking for a generic (i.e. would be resident in most/all unix flavors) internal command for determining my OS and version. When I telnet to a box here @ work, I get none of that info and can't remember the equivalent of the DOS ver command; I know I used to know this! Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian.wilson
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Determine LOM version?

Is there a way I can determine the LOM version on a Sun machine without actually shutting the system down? I'm confused. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysera
2 Replies

4. Slackware

Determine Linux Version.

Apart from the obvious, uname command, is there anyway to determine which Linux distribution and version of the distribution has been installed? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
7 Replies

5. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable Shell Script - Determine Which Version of Binary is Installed?

I currently have a shell script that utilizes the "Date" binary - this application is slightly different on OS X (BSD General Commmand) and Linux systems (gnu date). In particular, the version on OS X requires the following to get a date 14 days in the future "date -v+14d -u +%Y-%m-%d" where gnu... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colinjohnson
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to determine share name of Linux server?

Hi, How to determine share name of Linux server ? OS version is RHL 6.5 Regards, Maddy (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
LR_ENV.IN(1)						  LogReport's Lire Documentation					      LR_ENV.IN(1)

NAME
lr_env - Gives information on the location of the current Lire installation SYNOPSIS
eval `lr_env ` DESCRIPTION
lr_env prints on STDOUT shell code which can be evaled to access information on the Lire installation. The following variables are printed: LR_PREFIX The prefix where Lire is installed. LR_LIBDIR The directory where the supporting scripts are installed. LR_SYSCONFDIR The directory where configuration files are installed. LR_BINDIR The directory where user binary are installed. LR_MANDIR The directory where man pages are installed. LR_PLUGINSDIR The directory where Lire::Plugin initializers are installed. LR_SCHEMASDIR The path where DLF schemas are installed. LR_REPORTSDIR The path where report specifications are installed. LR_FILTERSDIR The path where filter specifications are installed. LR_DOCDIR The directory where documentation is installed. LR_SPECSDIR The path where XML configuration specifications are installed. LR_TEMPLATESDIR The path where XML report templates are installed. LR_PERL5LIBDIR The directory where platform independant perl modules are installed. VERSION
$Id: lr_env.in,v 1.7 2006/07/23 13:16:32 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 106: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 LR_ENV.IN(1)