Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install pkgadd on AIX
Operating Systems AIX Install pkgadd on AIX Post 302761531 by bakunin on Friday 25th of January 2013 09:15:57 PM
Old 01-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by snreddy_gopu
Thanks for the reply.

Could please tell me where can i download bos.svpkg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by funksen
the package you need ist bos.svpkg

part of the base install media since aix 5.2

The emphasize is by me - it should answer your question.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to install aix on a VLPAR

I have a VIO server on p5, already setup vio client as a lpar on that machine. The question is how I install AIX on that LPAR from NIM server? Does anybody have a document or which IBM redbook has the steps? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
0 Replies

3. AIX

how to install openSSH in AIX 5.3?

Guys I need to install openSSH on AIX 5.3? First problem is : i am unable to find openSSH 3.8.1 freeware on the net ?pls pass on any links if you have. Second problem is : installation.Although i know how to install rpm packages,installing SSH is bit diffrent.But that second issue. Can... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
16 Replies

4. AIX

MYSQL Install on AIX

Hello All: I've been asked to install mysql on AIX box and I have very little experience in UNIX. Does anybody have any step by step directions on installing MYSQL? Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rmnv
1 Replies

5. AIX

Install bash on AIX

Hi, Im trying to install bash on AIX, I have rpm installed but get: rpm --install bash-3.0-19.3.ppc.rpm error: failed dependencies: libc.so.6 is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed by bash-3.0-19.3 libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris5126
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to install AIX 5.3 on vmware

Hi, I want to install AIX 5.3 for running DB2. As AIX cannot be installed on normal PCs without vmware, trying to install it on vmware. Could any one help me out how to do it. Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadg034
9 Replies

7. AIX

How to install AIX on x series?

Hi everyone, I have one IBM server x3650 M2 with intel cpu, i want to install AIX on it. Could you please tell me which version of AIX i can use to install on that machine? Thank you very much :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simba87
1 Replies

8. Solaris

pkgadd will not install solaris studio 12.3

I downloaded Solaris 10 OS on x86, SVR4 installer to my desktop and ran digest -a md5 on the downloaded file and the hash values matched. I then ran bunzip2 followed by pkgadd -d SolarisStudio12.3-solaris-x86-pkg and am getting the following error: pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
14 Replies

9. Solaris

samba error after install with pkgadd

Hello this is samiulla. i face this issue. i installed samba with pkgadd after i install i add paths for that. -bash-3.00# echo $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/local/samba/sbin:/usr/local/samba/bin/ -bash-3.00# when enter this commad smbd -D i got this error smbd -D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
3 Replies

10. AIX

Install Numpy in AIX 6.1

Hi I have been trying install numpy in AIX 6.1 unsuccessfully, the versions are numpy (1.7 or 1.6), ( IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 or gcc 4.7.2 ) I put in site.cfg from numpy the following library_dirs = /opt/freeware/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib:/usr/local/lib64 include_dirs =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brunolac
0 Replies
pkgask(1M)																pkgask(1M)

NAME
pkgask - stores answers to a request script SYNOPSIS
pkgask [-d device] [-R root_path] -r response pkginst... pkgask allows the administrator to store answers to an interactive package (one with a request script, that is, a user-created file that must be named request). Invoking this command generates a response file that is then used as input at installation time. The use of this response file prevents any interaction from occurring during installation since the file already contains all of the information the pack- age needs. The following options are supported -d device Run the request script for a package on device. device can be a directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk or removable disk (for example, /var/tmp, /dev/diskette, and /dev/dsk/c1d0s0). The default device is the installation spool directory. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -r response Identify a file or directory which should be created to contain the responses to interaction with the package. The name must be a full pathname. The file, or directory of files, can later be used as input to the pkgadd(1M) command. The following operands are supported: pkginst Specify the package instance, or list of instances for which request scripts will be created. The token all may be used to refer to all packages available on the source medium. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), removef(1M), admin(4),attributes(5) The -r option can be used to indicate a directory name as well as a filename. The directory name is used to create numerous response files, each sharing the name of the package with which it should be associated. This would be used, for example, when you will be adding multiple interactive packages with one invocation of pkgadd(1M). Each package would need a response file. To create multiple response files with the same name as the package instance, name the directory in which the files should be created and supply multiple instance names with the pkgask command. When installing the packages, you will be able to identify this directory to the pkgadd(1M) command. If the default admin file is too restrictive, the administration file may need to be modified to allow for total non-interaction during a package installation. Seeadmin(4) for details. 6 Apr 2005 pkgask(1M)