Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers If condition to check one file newer than the other Post 302761397 by Don Cragun on Friday 25th of January 2013 02:46:31 PM
Old 01-25-2013
And if you add the following command to your script as a line before your for loop:
Code:
printf '$1 is "%s"\n$2 is "%s"\n$3 is "%s"\n$4 is "%s"\n$5 is "%s"\n' "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5"

what output does it produce.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for a condition inside a file

Hi I am writing a script file which sends the log files along with their size in a folder named log to a file called temp.log using the following cmd: ls -st 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026** >> /home/user/temp.log the temp.log looks like this: 16 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_message070321.log ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition to check one file newer than the other - first file name uncertain

Dear All, I'm new to unix scripting. I'm trying to write an utility script which has to check if one file is newer than another one. The condition is I dont know the full name of the first file. I searched google and this forum for any such examples, but couldn't find any or may be I would have... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: achilles5
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to find the newer date in a text file?

Hi, I have a text file, foo.txt, it looks something like below. In the file there is a line that gives the date in the form of: Mon Jun 15 11:09:31 2008. I need to find which date is the newest and then store certain details of that list data to another file. So, in this sample text file, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a condition in cronjob to execute a sh file

Hi, I need to execute a crontab based on a condition where one SH file should be executed only based on the output of a file in a folder. I have written the following cron job which is not working. 00 01 * * * read a < /px/batch/reslut.txt && && sh /px/batch/check.sh where my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find a file then overwrite with a newer version

This should be a simple script, but can't find one with google search. I just need to find the file that is in many directories, then overwrite that file with a newer version i.e. find file.jar then overwrite with /root/file.jar All I get in searches is substitute text with new test inside... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haircat
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Condition to check whether configuration file is empty or not?

CMD=$(find "${Release_Container}" -iname "${Release_Name}"_Release.txt) for i in `cat $CMD` do if ];then cd ${Sandbox_dir} CMD1=$(find "${Sandbox_dir}"/* -iname "${Release_Name}" -type d | awk -F/ '{print $(NF)}' | head -1 ) if ];then echo -e "################### CHECKOUT START... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script, replace file with newer file

Hello, Can you please help me one this: I have two servers: Server A and server B. Every day on 03.00AM in only one on these two servers (randomly)is generated one file, lets say file.txt. I want to copy this file also to the other server. I want to create a perl script that does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arrals_vl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse tab delimited file, check condition and delete row

I am fairly new to programming and trying to resolve this problem. I have the file like this. CHROM POS REF ALT 10_sample.bam 11_sample.bam 12_sample.bam 13_sample.bam 14_sample.bam 15_sample.bam 16_sample.bam tg93 77 T C T T T T T tg93 79 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Condition check using awk

Hi, I have a file in the following format "SYLVESTER,WILLARD G"|"S00633600"|"221052958A"|"H2256"|"015"|""|"00000042BASJ"|"665303"|"N"|"20100211"|"380.4"|""|""|""|"5400"|"20110218"|""|"20110218"|"FEESC"|"D"|"F"|"P" "PURINGTON-KELLEY,C"|"S00808783"|"029424717A"|"H2256"|"024"|"MEMBER JOINED... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file only if newer

I only want the file copied if it is newer. But it still copies the file? zip -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip ./* cp -u Ubuntu_Documents.zip $DOCS_Backup/Ubuntu_Documents_`date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M"`.zip (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
5 Replies
IO::Async::Timer::Absolute(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   IO::Async::Timer::Absolute(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Timer::Absolute" - event callback at a fixed future time SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Timer::Absolute; use POSIX qw( mktime ); use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my @time = gmtime; my $timer = IO::Async::Timer::Absolute->new( time => mktime( 0, 0, 0, $time[4]+1, $time[5], $time[6] ), on_expire => sub { print "It's midnight "; $loop->stop; }, ); $loop->add( $timer ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Timer implements one-shot events at a fixed time in the future. The object waits for a given timestamp, and invokes its callback at that point in the future. For a "Timer" object that waits for a delay relative to the time it is started, see instead IO::Async::Timer::Countdown. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_expire Invoked when the timer expires. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_expire => CODE CODE reference for the "on_expire" event. time => NUM The epoch time at which the timer will expire. Once constructed, the timer object will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. Unlike other timers, it does not make sense to "start" this object, because its expiry time is absolute, and not relative to the time it is started. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Timer::Absolute(3pm)