Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date of file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date of file Post 302761339 by Corona688 on Friday 25th of January 2013 12:59:38 PM
Old 01-25-2013
Newer than what?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Creation Date to a Prespecified Date of a File In Unix

Dear Expert, Is there a command to do that in Unix? In such a way that we don't need to actually "write" or modified the content. -- monkfan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move A File With Same Date,don't Change The Desitination Dir Date

Assume, I created one file three years back and I like to move the file to some other directory with the old date (Creation date)? Is it possible? Explain? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jee.ku2
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding date numeral from file and check the validity of date format

hi there I have file names in different format as below triss_20111117_fxcb.csv triss_fxcb_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11172011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_11-17-2011.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117.csv xpnl_hypo_reu_miplvdone_20111117xfb.csv... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for unknown date inside the file and replace to new date

Hello, Iam a newbies to Shell scripting. Iam trying to replace the date inside the file to new date. is there anyway that we can just use the pattern to search as "..." I have many files want to replace with the same date, and each file contains different date. Thanks for your help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daro
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pick the latest file with date as one among the file name.( not exactly present date.)?

i have files like 1)20131112_abc_01.csv and 2)20131113_abc_01.csv and 3)20131113_abc_02.csv when i try to fetch the file in the next day. it shud pick the third file.. plz help me.. and i use `date +"%Y%m%d"` command to fetch..it fetches the current date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: applepie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to determine Date,TotalFile,total size of file based on date

I have file listed like below -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 26 14:43 test1.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 26 14:44 test2.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 0 Nov 27 10:41 test3.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 244K Nov 27 10:41 test4.gz -rw-r--r--+ 1 test test 17M Nov 27 10:41 test5.gz I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

“sed” replace date in text file with current date

We want to call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ Code: line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
3 Replies
DM_DATE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DM_DATE(1)

NAME
dm_date - print out the system date and time SYNOPSIS
This performs the same operation as the unix 'date' command, but using the Date::Manip module. dm_date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] DESCRIPTION
This displays information about the current system time, or some other time. Options are: -h, --help Print online help. -d STRING, --date=STRING Display time described by STRING. STRING can be any string which can be parsed by Date::Manip. Please refer to the Date::Manip::Date documentation for details. -f DATEFILE, --file=DATEFILE This reads each line in DATEFILE, and extracts a date from it and prints out the information. Blank lines and lines starting with a pound (#) are ignored. Lines not containing a valid date are also ignored. -r FILE, --reference=FILE Displays the last modification time of FILE. -R, --rfc-2822 Displayc the date and time in RFC 2822 format. Example: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 12:34:56 -0600 -u, --utc, --universal Converts the date to UT (GMT) and prints out the information. Only one of -d, -f, or -r should be included. If more than one is included, the first one from the list (-d, -f, -r) is used and any other is ignored. The format string starts with a plus (+) and contains any of the format directives described in Date::Manip::Date. KNOWN BUGS
None known. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip::Date LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 DM_DATE(1)