Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a? Post 302761325 by MichaelFelt on Friday 25th of January 2013 12:39:06 PM
Old 01-25-2013
I suspect that it still has old LPAR configuration in it.

If the console panel says HMC=0 somewhere on it, then it is still looking for an HMC. Instead you want it to look something like this:
Code:
01     N    V=F
            T   

Again, if you see HMC=0 then you need to do a factory reset (HMC=1 means an HMC is connected, HMC=0 means system knows about HMC's but none are connected).

I have some "ancient" youtube films - not the highest picture quality, and silent! - but these two should help you out.

Note: with ASMI you can do the actions on either the serial port OR via a browser (connected via the HMC labeled ports - these are to the SP - Service Processor).

Initial setup of ASMI on IBM POWER - YouTube Setup IP address via Serial Port
p5 factory reset - YouTube Factory Reset

Hope this helps!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

4. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. AIX

What's the purpose of rj45-like connector on front panel of p5 55A server ?

Hi, What is the purpose of this connector ? I attached picture of it. In docs it is called "Ethernet connector". thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

7. AIX

P550 9133 IPL Issues

First IPL of used P550 in Home Lab displayed this on Control Panel: Line-1(01 M F), Line-2(HMC=0 T). Issue #1: Changed "01" to "02" and "M" to "N" on line-1, but IPL failed; no change on display panel. Set "M" back to "N" and exit function "2", but function "3" for IPL restart would not display. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luw3486
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to install python on the AIX 5.2?

Hi folks, Could tell me how to install python on the AIX 5.2 ? What better method for install: rpm or compiling? Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stenioc1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies
nomnom(1)							   nomnom manual							 nomnom(1)

NAME
NomNom - The graphical media download tool DESCRIPTION
NomNom is an application for downloading media from Youtube and other similar media websites that require flash to view the media content. Media streaming or downloading can be started by dropping an URL onto the application window. Project name The name of the application refers to the sound effect that is made when eating something tasty or nutritious. GETTING STARTED
Right-click opens the context-menu Most the application features can be accessed via this menu. Check the settings (Ctrl+E) NomNom will attempt to detect the available commands when you run it the first time. Going over the settings before use is recommended. The dialog will not close (by clicking OK) unless you have entered everything needed. Check that NomNom is set to do what you expect Make a note of the combobox widget on the main window. You may choose to either "Download" or "Stream" from the widget. Drop media page URLs to main window You could, for example, have a web browser open from which you then drag the URLs onto the main window of NomNom. Alternatively, open the right-click context-menu and choose "Address...". You may also consider making sure that NomNom stays on top of other windows if you are working on a small screen. There is an option for this in the application settings. NomNom defaults to resume interrupted transfers See also the "KNOWN ISSUES" for more about this. You can also choose to overwrite any existing media files if you'd prefer this. You can grab media page URLs from YouTube feeds Choose "Feed..." from the context-menu or hit the key-shortcut (Ctrl+F) to open the dialog. COMMAND LINE
NomNom supports the following command line options. --config-path Prints the path to the local user config file and exits. --locale Prints the system locale (as returned by Qt) and exits. --detect Prints the detected commands and exits. --verbose Turns on verbose output. Please make a note that NomNom must be configured and built with the "--enable-verbose" switch for this to be available in the application. --help Prints the help and exits. --version Prints the version and exits. GLOSSARY
Media page URL NomNom feasts on media page URLs. You can drop these URLs to the main window to start the process of downloading (or streaming). These URLs are known to go around also as "video page URLs". Example http://vimeo.com/1485507 Media stream URL Not to be confused with "Media page URL". The media stream URL is the URL to the media resource that is returned by the quvi(1) command and then used by NomNom to either download or stream from it. YouTube feeds NomNom can read, with the help of umph(1) command, and grab media URLs from YouTube feeds. These feeds may be playlists, user favorites and user uploads. You can open the user-interface by selecting it from the right-click context-menu ("Feed...") or by hitting the key-shortcut (Ctrl+F). YouTube format strings The YouTube "fmtNN" string IDs are documented at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs KNOWN ISSUES
Resuming partially transferred files may fail Some websites are known to refuse to work with the HTTP requests to resume a file transfer. Workaround Either check "Always overwrite existing media files" in the settings or remove the existing file manually. HTTP user-agent Some websites refuse to play nice with renegade user-agent strings. Recommendations Make sure both quvi(1) and curl(1) use the same user-agent string. Note that quvi(1) uses "Mozilla/5.0" by default. HTTP proxy Generally OK, although some proxies may have been configured to "cook up" the HTTP headers before they are sent back to the server. This may sometimes lead to issues with the servers. Recommendations If you use an HTTP proxy, make sure you have configured all of the commands that NomNom uses (e.g. quvi(1), curl(1), etc.) to use the same proxy. TIPS
Use configuration files Although it is possible to configure custom commands for NomNom to use (via "settings" and "commands"), another way is to add/edit the appropriate configuration files for these commands. Examples ~/.quvirc ;# refer to the quvi(1) documentation ~/.umphrc ;# refer to the umph(1) documentation ~/.curlrc ;# refer to the curl(1) documentation Same goes for whatever media player you choose to use with NomNom. FILES
Configuration file The location of this file may vary and depends on how Qt was configured. You can use the "--config-path" program option to print it. See also "COMMAND LINE". LICENSE
NomNom is free software, licensed under the GPLv3+. WWW
Home : <http://nomnom.sourceforge.net/> gitweb: <http://repo.or.cz/w/nomnom.git> AUTHOR
Toni Gundogdu <legatvs at sign gmail com> Thanks to all those who have contributed to the project by sending patches, reporting bugs and writing feedback. You know who you are. 0.3.1 2011-10-30 nomnom(1)