Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install AIX 5 on 9133-55a? Post 302761325 by MichaelFelt on Friday 25th of January 2013 12:39:06 PM
Old 01-25-2013
I suspect that it still has old LPAR configuration in it.

If the console panel says HMC=0 somewhere on it, then it is still looking for an HMC. Instead you want it to look something like this:
Code:
01     N    V=F
            T   

Again, if you see HMC=0 then you need to do a factory reset (HMC=1 means an HMC is connected, HMC=0 means system knows about HMC's but none are connected).

I have some "ancient" youtube films - not the highest picture quality, and silent! - but these two should help you out.

Note: with ASMI you can do the actions on either the serial port OR via a browser (connected via the HMC labeled ports - these are to the SP - Service Processor).

Initial setup of ASMI on IBM POWER - YouTube Setup IP address via Serial Port
p5 factory reset - YouTube Factory Reset

Hope this helps!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Can I Install AIX 4.3.3 on a PC?

Would it be possible to install AIX ver 4.3.3 on a Pc so I can Practice commands and become familiar with the system? Is there anything special that i would have to do? Thanks Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wumagic
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install sudo on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to install sudo on AIX 5.3. I don't have a compiler on my machine, so I was trying to find a binary. The one found at http://www.bullfreeware.com/listaix52.html that is supposed to work for 5.3 even though it was compiled on 5.2. The issue is I'm new to AIX and could not figure out how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sphericon
3 Replies

3. AIX

how to install fonts in AIX

Dear Friends, Please help me out to install fonts in AIX. I am new to AIX. Thanks in advance. Regards, dba (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.dba
2 Replies

4. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

5. AIX

What's the purpose of rj45-like connector on front panel of p5 55A server ?

Hi, What is the purpose of this connector ? I attached picture of it. In docs it is called "Ethernet connector". thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Aix download and Install

I am new to Aix and would like to learn . Is there is some free download for this os available to be installed on a home desktop pc with 4 gb ram and 2.7 ibm single proc computer . can some one help me with the download link and installation instructions. Thank you in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bally90
3 Replies

7. AIX

P550 9133 IPL Issues

First IPL of used P550 in Home Lab displayed this on Control Panel: Line-1(01 M F), Line-2(HMC=0 T). Issue #1: Changed "01" to "02" and "M" to "N" on line-1, but IPL failed; no change on display panel. Set "M" back to "N" and exit function "2", but function "3" for IPL restart would not display. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luw3486
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to install python on the AIX 5.2?

Hi folks, Could tell me how to install python on the AIX 5.2 ? What better method for install: rpm or compiling? Regards. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stenioc1
4 Replies

9. AIX

Power5 9133-55A Serial Console connection issue

Hey All, Trying to connect to the Power5 9133-55A serial console using a serial-to-usb converter (RS232). The other end is connected via null modem. Tried minicom, putty and other Linux utilities, no luck. The serial device shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0. Tried 9600 8N1 XON/XOFF, no luck. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies
WebService::YouTube::Util(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    WebService::YouTube::Util(3pm)

NAME
WebService::YouTube::Util - Utility for WebService::YouTube VERSION
This document describes WebService::YouTube::Util version 1.0.3 SYNOPSIS
use WebService::YouTube::Util; # Get an URI of RSS my $uri = WebService::YouTube::Util->rss_uri( 'global', 'recently_added' ); # Get an URI of REST API my $uri = WebService::YouTube::Util->rest_uri( $dev_id, 'youtube.videos.list_by_tag', { tag => 'monkey' } ); # Get a downloadable URI my $uri = WebService::YouTube::Util->get_video_uri('rdwz7QiG0lk'); # Get a video which type is .flv my $content = WebService::YouTube::Util->get_video('rdwz7QiG0lk'); DESCRIPTION
This is an utility for WebService::YouTube. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS rss_uri( $type, $arg ) Returns a URI of RSS. $type should be 'global' or 'tag' or 'user'. $arg is required when $type is 'tag' or 'user'. rest_uri( $dev_id, $method, \%fields ) Returns a URI of REST API. $dev_id is your developer ID of YouTube. $method is a method name like a 'youtube.*.*'. %fields can contain optional parameter. get_video_uri( $video, \%args ) Returns a downloadable URI of $video. $video should be a video ID or a WebService::YouTube::Video object. %args can contain some optional arguments. ua LWP::UserAgent object get_video( $video, \%args ) Returns a downloaded content of $video. $video should be a video ID or a WebService::YouTube::Video object. %args can contain some optional arguments. ua LWP::UserAgent object DIAGNOSTICS
type of ... is not supported No such RSS. The type should be 'global' or 'tag' or 'user'. got a page but it is invalid page Maybe, YouTube is being maintained. :-) CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WebService::YouTube::Util requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
WebService::YouTube, LWP::UserAgent, URI::Escape INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-webservice-youtube@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=WebService-YouTube>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
Hironori Yoshida <yoshida@cpan.org> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.10.1 2009-01-20 WebService::YouTube::Util(3pm)