Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying col values based on another col Post 302761307 by newbie83 on Friday 25th of January 2013 12:12:51 PM
Old 01-25-2013
thanks, will this work on the excel files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help On col command

Hello Can Any1 tell me the difference between the col command and the col command with the -f option. I tried running both of them but i can't see any difference. Please guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info about col command

Hello every1. Can any1 help me with the col command. Wat is a reverse line feed. Which kind of files u need to use the col command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print distinct col values

Hi Guys... I am newbie to awk and would like a solution to probably one of the simple practical questions. I have a test file that goes as: 1,2,3,4,5,6 7,2,3,8,7,6 9,3,5,6,7,3 8,3,1,1,1,1 4,4,2,2,2,2 I would like to know how AWK can get me the distinct values say for eg: on col2... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
22 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i can't cut the third col

SW_dist_intr false Enable SW distribution of interrupts True autorestart true Automatically REBOOT OS after a crash True boottype disk N/A False capacity_inc 1.00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Delete the First Blank of the First Col?

Hi to all. In the following example, how can I delete the first blank of the first col? (using shell scripting) first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth Thank's for reading. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mark the row based on col value.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to identify the records based on one column value. the sample file as below: ID AMT, AMT1 100,10, 2 100,20, 3 200,30, 0 200, 40, 0 300, 20, 2 300, 50, 2 400, 20, 1 400, 60, 0 for each ID, there 2 records, if any one record amt1 is 0, the in 4th col add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read values in each col starting 3rd row.Print occurrence value.

Hello Friends, Hope all are doing fine. Here is a tricky issue. my input file is like this 07 10 14 20 21 03 15 27 30 32 01 10 11 19 30 02 06 14 15 17 01 06 20 25 29 Logic: 1. Please print another column as "0-0-0-0-0" for the first and second rows. 2. Read the first column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies
DOVECOT(1)							      Dovecot								DOVECOT(1)

NAME
dovecot - a secure and highly configurable IMAP and POP3 server SYNOPSIS
dovecot [-Fp] [-c config-file] dovecot -a [-c config-file] dovecot -n [-c config-file] dovecot --build-options dovecot --help dovecot --hostdomain dovecot --version dovecot reload dovecot stop DESCRIPTION
Dovecot is an open source IMAP and POP3 server for Linux/UNIX-like systems, written with security primarily in mind. Dovecot is an excel- lent choice for both small and large installations. It's fast, simple to set up, requires no special administration and it uses very lit- tle memory. OPTIONS
-a Dump all configuration settings to stdout and exit successfully. The same as doveconf -a. -c config-file Start dovecot with an alternative configuration. -F Run dovecot in foreground, do not daemonize. -n Dump non-default settings to stdout and exit successfully. The same as doveconf -n. -p Prompt for the ssl key password for the configured ssl_key on startup. --build-options Show Dovecot's build options and exit successfully. --help Print a usage message to stdout and exit successfully. --hostdomain Shows the current host.domain name of the system. If the domain lookup should fail for some reason, only the hostname will be shown. --version Show Dovecot's version and exit successfully. COMMANDS
reload Force dovecot to reload its configuration. stop Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. When shutdown_clients is set to no, existing sessions will continue to use the old settings, after a dovecot reload. Also all sessions will keep alive after a dovecot stop. By default all active sessions will be shut down. SIGNALS
Dovecot handles the following signals as described: HUP Force dovecot to reload its configuration. INT Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. TERM Shutdown dovecot and all its child processes. USR1 Force dovecot to reopen all configured log files (log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path). The signals ALARM and PIPE are ignored. FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf.ext Dovecot's LDAP authdb/userdb module configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext Dovecot's SQL authdb/userdb module configuration file. /etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext Dovecot's dict configuration with SQL-backend. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-*-conf.ext Configuration files of different authentication modules. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/*.conf Configuration files of different services and settings. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html AUTHOR
Dovecot <http://dovecot.org> and its manual pages were written by the Dovecot authors <http://dovecot.org/doc/AUTHORS>, mainly Timo Sir- ainen <tss at iki.fi>, and are licensed under the terms of the MIT and LGPLv2.1 licenses, see <http://dovecot.org/doc/COPYING> for details. SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveconf(1), dovecot-lda(1), dsync(1) Dovecot v2.2 2013-08-06 DOVECOT(1)