Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying col values based on another col Post 302761307 by newbie83 on Friday 25th of January 2013 12:12:51 PM
Old 01-25-2013
thanks, will this work on the excel files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help On col command

Hello Can Any1 tell me the difference between the col command and the col command with the -f option. I tried running both of them but i can't see any difference. Please guide me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info about col command

Hello every1. Can any1 help me with the col command. Wat is a reverse line feed. Which kind of files u need to use the col command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to print distinct col values

Hi Guys... I am newbie to awk and would like a solution to probably one of the simple practical questions. I have a test file that goes as: 1,2,3,4,5,6 7,2,3,8,7,6 9,3,5,6,7,3 8,3,1,1,1,1 4,4,2,2,2,2 I would like to know how AWK can get me the distinct values say for eg: on col2... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
22 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Match col 1 of File 1 with col 1 File 2 and create a 3rd file

Hello, I have a 1.6 GB file that I would like to modify by matching some ids in col1 with the ids in col 1 of file2.txt and save the results into a 3rd file. For example: File 1 has 1411 rows, I ignore how many columns it has (thousands) File 2 has 311 rows, 1 column Would like to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

i can't cut the third col

SW_dist_intr false Enable SW distribution of interrupts True autorestart true Automatically REBOOT OS after a crash True boottype disk N/A False capacity_inc 1.00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Delete the First Blank of the First Col?

Hi to all. In the following example, how can I delete the first blank of the first col? (using shell scripting) first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth Thank's for reading. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: daniel.gbaena
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Print line based on highest value of col (B) and repetion of values in col (A)

Hello everyone, I am writing a script to process data from the ATP world tour. I have a file which contains: t=540 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 t=540 y=2011 r=4 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=1 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=2 p=N409 t=520 y=2011 r=3 p=N409 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imahmoud
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing from col x to end of line, except last col

Hello, I have some tab delimited data and I need to move the last col. I could hard code it, awk '{ print $1,$NF,$2,$3,$4,etc }' infile > outfile but it would be nice to know the syntax to print a range cols. I know in cut you can do, cut -f 1,4-8,11- to print fields 1,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to mark the row based on col value.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to identify the records based on one column value. the sample file as below: ID AMT, AMT1 100,10, 2 100,20, 3 200,30, 0 200, 40, 0 300, 20, 2 300, 50, 2 400, 20, 1 400, 60, 0 for each ID, there 2 records, if any one record amt1 is 0, the in 4th col add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read values in each col starting 3rd row.Print occurrence value.

Hello Friends, Hope all are doing fine. Here is a tricky issue. my input file is like this 07 10 14 20 21 03 15 27 30 32 01 10 11 19 30 02 06 14 15 17 01 06 20 25 29 Logic: 1. Please print another column as "0-0-0-0-0" for the first and second rows. 2. Read the first column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus - An extension to the Excel::Template module SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DISCLAIMER
This is the very first release of this module, it is an idea that I and Rob Kinyon (the author of Excel::Template) had discussed many times, but never got around to doing. This is the first attempt at bring this to reality, it may change radically as it evolves, so be warned. DESCRIPTION
This module is an extension of the Excel::Template module, which allows the user to use various "engines" from which you can create Excel files through Excel::Template. The idea is to use the existing (and very solid) excel file generation code in Excel::Template, but to extend its more templatey bits with more powerful options. The only engine currently provided is the Template Toolkit engine, which replaces Excel::Template's built in template features (the LOOP, and IF constructs) with the full power of TT. This is similar to the module Excel::Template::TT, but expands on that even further to try and create a more extensive system. You can use this module to create Excel::Template-compatible XML files using one of the supported engines. For example, with the TT engine you could create a Excel::Template XML file like: <workbook> <worksheet name="[% worksheet_name %]"> [% my_cols = get_list_of_columns %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <bold><cell>[% col %]</cell></bold> [% END %] </row> [% FOR my_row = get_list_of_objects %] <row> [% FOR col = my_cols %] <cell>[% my_row.$col %]</cell> [% END %] </row> [% END %] </worksheet> </workbook> Your TT template thus creates a XML file suitable to handing over to Excel::Template for processing. Excel::Template::Plus simplifies the template-creation and handing-over process. Future engine/plans include: Pure Perl This would allow you to write you Excel::Template files using Perl itself which would then output the XML for Excel::Template to consume. This would be modeled after the recently released Template::Declare module perhaps. TT Plugins/Macros/Wrappers This is basically anything which will make the TT engine easier to write templates for. I have experimented with some of these things, but I was not happy with any of them enough to release them yet. HTML::Template Excel::Template's templating features are based on HTML::Template, but the HTML::Template plugins and other goodies are not compatible. This engine would bring those things to Excel::Template. METHODS
new (%options) This method basically serves as a factory for creating new engine instances (for which Excel::Template::Plus::TT is the only one currently). The only parameter that it requires is engine, all other parameters are passed onto the engine's constructor (see the individual docs for more details on what is required). meta Access to the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module came out of several discussions I had with Rob Kinyon. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)