Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Checking commandline
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking commandline Post 302761305 by vbe on Friday 25th of January 2013 12:08:26 PM
Old 01-25-2013
This has nothing to do here where we expect to see code issues...
Is this homework?
Till you give a clear answer this thread is closed

Last edited by vbe; 01-26-2013 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: typos

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list only directories in commandline.

I want to list only directories in the command line using ls command. Can anyone please help me. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating commandline argument

Hi, I am calling a script script2.shl from script1.shl as below script2.shl "TABLE_NAME" -r 10 In that I have to validate the parameter 4. i.e : it should be only 10 20 30 40 50 I know that I can do it by checking like below if ]; then echo "TRUE" else echo "FALSE" fi ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

$OPTARG changes commandline input

Hi there, I hope, that I do not open an thread, that is already existing, but I didn't found something matching with my problem while searching for problems with "getopts" My problem ist, that I'm taking arguments from commandline into my script with getopts, I've an flag -s, after that there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thommes_pommes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in commandline

Hi, I am using curl to hit a url using http in solaris 10 using commandline, I want to transfer an attachment(using multipart curl -F) also as a part of the request. If anyone has used kindly help me with the syntax. I am using below command: /usr/local/bin/curl -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manishmaha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple commandline switches

I have a script that has commandline switches that work no problem. But i don't know how to enable it to have multiple switches at one time. So I'd want myscript -h -o or even myscript -ho but i'm having no luck incorporating this. I tried shifting but i'm not getting it. Thanks ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script and Commandline difference

Hey there, I just stumbled upon a difference between using awk on the commandline and using it in a shellscript. I have a variable, e.g.: PROG=vim then i want to check if the package with this name is installed: TEMPVAL=$(dpkg -l | awk '{ if ($2 == "$PROG") print $2 }') (Im using... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrSnail
10 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Opening Applications from the commandline

as you probably/may know, one can open any application from the application folder with the command open -a program_name I found that out today and so I created aliases in .bash_profile and they work. alias safari="open -a safari" alias gimp="open -a gimp" alias seamonkey="open -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load config file at commandline

Hello, This would be very basic question to most of you, but for me as a newbie it is an un-know. I would like to load a configuration file into memory before executing a specific command. For example: I have a config file that holds all the database connectivity information and I'd like to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script executed by Cron or commandline

Hello all, I have a question regarding the difference betwen cron and command line. What I would like to do is to print a statement into a logfile if a script has been executed from cron or from command line. It should be as: #!/bin/bash if <Check if this script has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: API
3 Replies
dlclose(3C)															       dlclose(3C)

NAME
dlclose() - close a shared library SYNOPSIS
[flag ... ] file ... [library]... Multithread Usage This routine is thread-safe. NOTE: The dynamic loader serializes the loading and unloading of shared libraries in multithreaded applications using a recursive pthread mutex lock. See the for more information. DESCRIPTION
is one of a family of routines that give the user direct access to the dynamic linking facilities (using the option on the compiler or com- mand line). disassociates a shared object previously opened by from the current process. Once an object has been closed using its symbols are no longer available to All objects loaded automatically as a result of invoking on the referenced object (see dlopen(3C)) are also closed. handle is the value returned by a previous invocation of RETURN VALUE
If the referenced object was successfully closed, returns If the object could not be closed, or if handle does not refer to an open object, returns a non-0 value. More detailed diagnostic information is available through ERRORS
If fails, a subsequent call to returns one of the following values. Cannot apply relocation in library. Cannot close library due to remaining dependencies. Invalid handle. Out of memory. failed on entry to or exit from failed on exit from failed on entry to Unknown handle. WARNINGS
A successful invocation of does not guarantee that the objects associated with handle have actually been removed from the address space of the process. Objects loaded by one invocation of may also be loaded by another invocation of The same object may also be opened multiple times. An object is not removed from the address space until all references to that object through an explicit invocation have been closed and all other objects implicitly referencing that object have also been closed. Once an object has been closed by referencing symbols contained in that object can cause undefined behavior. SEE ALSO
dlerrno(3C), dlerror(3C), dlopen(3C), dlsym(3C). Texts and Tutorials (See the option) (See manuals(5) for ordering information) dlclose(3C)