Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check Post 302761243 by Corona688 on Friday 25th of January 2013 10:57:49 AM
Old 01-25-2013
Your double-quotes do -- literally -- nothing at all, remove them.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to check if some ip is taken ?

hello is there any tool in unix that will indicate if some ip is already taken by other machine? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check it

Can i write the following script... $sqlplus -s uname/password @connectingstring select emp_id,emp_name from employees > a.csv quit $mailx -s fga@ds.com < a.csv $ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if another script is running and if so, then sleep for sometime and check again

Hi, I am a unix newbie. I need to write a script to check wheteher another script is still running. If it is, then sleep for 30m and then check again if the script is running. If the script has stopped running then, I need to come out of the loop. I am using RHEL 5.2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathews
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if it's there

Dear, I want to check if the file in the if code is there, but I don't know how to do it? if Can someone assist me please? Thanks! kopie() { echo " Geef de naam van bestand + plaats vanwaar gekopieerd moet worden en waarnaar : " echo -n " Plaats : " read plaats ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadeki
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in and check out comments

Hi Do you know how can I get all check in and check out comments for a period of time with Surround SCM CLI ---------- Post updated at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:56 AM ---------- Do you have NAnt tasks that allow us to access Evolution from an NAnt build script? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies
FBB::mlm(3bobcat)                                             OFoldStream manipulator                                            FBB::mlm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::mlm - Manipulator modifying left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The mlm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to modify the stream's left margin by a requested amount. The request cannot result in a negative left margin value. If a negative left margin would be the arithmetic result of the request then left margin 0 will silently be used. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be added to the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still empty once an mlm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below) A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o mlm(int addValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << mlm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << mlm(-10) << flush << "left margin -6 changed to 0, active on this line "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/mlm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), lm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::mlm(3bobcat)