Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vi Created empty file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Vi Created empty file Post 302761229 by nag_sathi on Friday 25th of January 2013 10:43:59 AM
Old 01-25-2013
still same error

Code:

Code:
user@PROD2>>rm -i $'\177'
rm: $\177 non-existent

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to empty a file(already created)

What is the command to empty an already existing file. please provide me.i used Touch cmd to empty the file.but it changing the time only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know when a new file is created?

Hi All, How to we get to know when say a new log file is created on an Unix box. I need to trigger a process(say a script) when the new log file is created. But i need to know by some means or generate a trigger when a new file is created???? Something like when we receive a new mail we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting same exit status for empty and non empty file

Hi All, I am checking for a empty input file to do some further action , but I am getting exit status 0 in both the cases , for empty and non empty file both. The value of $? is coming 0 in if part also and else part too. #!/bin/ksh if ]; then echo "data" # exit 0 echo "$?" else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
4 Replies

4. AIX

While trying to do ssh without password, rsa key file is created as empty.

Hi i have aix 5.3 operating system, and i am trying to do ssh without passwd, when i tried to create a rsakey, it produces empty file as an output, how can solve that problem? why it is giving empty output file, i tried with different user, situation same,.i have restarted sshd server. .ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

how to delete core file (file created due to apps crashed)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When looking for corefiles, include any file with core in its name. (Some UNIX/Linux systems add the PID of the process that created the core to reduce the chances of overwriting an already existing core file that might be needed. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who created a file?

Hi!Can somebody tell me what command can I use to find who created a file,please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teotrask
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out when a file was created?

Hi All I use solaris 9 and just realised my opt volume has grown to 99%. How can I find out which file was created on the opt volume for it to have grown to 99%? Which command should I use since I can't go through each individual file to look at the date the files were created. Regard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permissions of a file created by another user

Hi, I have used expdp for datapump. The .dmp file is created by the "oracle" user. my requirement is to make a zipped file of this .dmp file. What i am trying to do is change the permissions of this .dmp file from 0640 to 0644 and then do a gzip and zip it. Is there any way i can change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not getting created

hi, i have a script wrriten where there is a temporary files getting created: echo "From:" ${usrname}@apps.mc.xerox.com>mail_txt it was working from a long time but now there is a error creating while creating this temporary file. here is the error log for this:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
15 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)