Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To cut a string based on last index of identifier Post 302761171 by Yoda on Friday 25th of January 2013 09:29:19 AM
Old 01-25-2013
Code:
awk '{gsub(/.*\/|:.*/,"")}1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging column from two files based on identifier

Hi, I have two files consisting of two columns. So I want to merge column 2 if column 1 is the same. So heres an example of what I mean. FILE1 driver 444 car 333 hat 222 FILE2 driver 333 car 666 hat 999 So I want to merge the column 2's together so... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string index

I have a line "My name is Deepak" How can i search a string Deepak in the line and find out its index position. Here in this case the result should be 12. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get index/postion of a string?

Hi, I have a string like the following: /db1/data/GLIDER/SYSTEM.dbf need to find the postion where "SYSTEM.dbf" starts, so I tried: LOCATION=/db1/data/GLIDER/SYSTEM.dbf $ expr index $LOCATION SYSTEM expr: syntax error $ expr index "$LOCATION" SYSTEM expr: syntax error ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while extracting a line from a file based on identifier

here is the content of input file CREATE TABLE `bla bla bla` ( `allianceSiteId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `trunkGroupsId` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `lastModified` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, UNIQUE KEY `allianceSiteId`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

awk cut column based on string

Using awk I required to cut out column contain word "-Tag" regardles of any order of contents and case INsensitive -Tag:messages -P:/var/log/messages -P:/var/log/maillog -K:Error -K:Warning -K:critical Please Guide ...... --Shirish Shukla ---------- Post updated at 05:58 AM... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

build array name based on loop index

Hi, I am new to perl and I have the following query please help here. I have following array variables declaration @pld1 = qw(00 01 02 03 04 05); @pld2 = qw(10 11 12 13 14 15); for(my $k=1;$k<=2;$k++) { //I want here to use @pld1 if $k is 1 // and @pld2 if $k is 2. How to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavan
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cut based on a string

Hi I have some data where each line will look something like this: Time, name, i.d number, RB: 0.9949; RMQA: 0.0005; RB: 0.9951; RRA: 0.3; RA: 0.995; RA: 0.996; EA: 0.99105 etc. I want to cut out all the RB: and RA:'s with the numbers after. so in the above example i'd be left... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the value of a string index to a variable.

Hi, coding a simple program to compare an entered number to a randomly generated one. The number of digits are restricted so I'm just trying to figure out how to refer to the index value in a string and then compare it to the variable I want. I don't know if bash automatically indexes strings, so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: outofcookies
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values based in common identifier in 1st column.

Hi, I have a table to be imported for R as matrix or data.frame but I first need to edit it because I've got several lines with the same identifier (1st column), so I want to sum the each column (2nd -nth) of each identifier (1st column) The input is for example, after sorted: K00001 1 1 4 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files summary using awk based on index key

Hello , I have several files which are looking similar to : file01.txt keyA001 350 X string001 value001 keyA001 450 X string002 value007 keyA001 454 X string002 value004 keyA001 500 X string003 value005 keyA001 255 X string004 value006 keyA001 388 X string005 value008 keyA001 1278 X... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)