Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recursive Find on file size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Recursive Find on file size Post 302760871 by jimbojames on Thursday 24th of January 2013 05:01:39 PM
Old 01-24-2013
Recursive Find on file size

Is there a way to use the find command to recursively scan directories for files greater than 1Gb in size and print out the directory path and file name only?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file by size

Hi, Can somebody PLEASE help me. Suppose I want to find a file which has largest no of bytes in a particular directory, How do i do that. ls -s will give the size of Blocks. But I want the largest sized file and in bytes or KB OR MB. tHANKS IN advanvce. Bye Rooh :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find file with date and recursive search for a text

Hey Guyz I have a requirement something like this.. a part of file name, date of modification of that file and a text is entered as input. like Date : 080206 (MMDDYY format.) filename : hotel_rates text : Jim now the file hotel_rates.ZZZ.123 (creation date is Aug 02 2006) should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
10 Replies

3. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find file size

My Question is ----------------- Assume you've a directory (i.e /home/test/) which contains n number of files, rename all the files which has byte count more than zero (0) with .bak extension. Write shell script to achieve this output, execute the same without using". / " in front of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hgriva1
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find file size and date

Hi in my shell script I have to do this 1. there is a file called testing.txt in /home/report directory If the file size is 0(zero) and date is today's date, then I have to print "Successful" else "Failed". 2. There is a file called number.txt which will have text only one line like this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsusarla
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size of a file

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a file and print its size

I have a directory, /local/test/ under this directory is many subdirectories, each subdir has about 70 files, the 70 files are always the same names. I want to print to the screen the size of fileabc.txt in each of the subdirectories. I cannot seem to work with pipe and splats * because there are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the latest file on Unix or Linux (recursive)

Hi all, I need to get the latest file. I have found this command "ls -lrt" that is great but not recursive. Can anyone help? Thanx by advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1or2is3
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive find / grep within a file / count of a string

Hi All, This is the first time I have posted to this forum so please bear with me. Thanks also advance for any help or guidance. For a project I need to do the following. 1. There are multiple files in multiple locations so I need to find them and the location. So I had planned to use... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charlie6742
9 Replies
FC-SCAN(1)																FC-SCAN(1)

NAME
fc-scan - scan font files or directories SYNOPSIS
fc-scan [ -Vbh ] [ [ -b ] [ --ignore-blanks ] ] [ [ -f format ] [ --format format ] ] [ --version ] [ --help ] file... DESCRIPTION
fc-scan scans file(s) recursively and prints out font pattern for each face found. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -b Ignore blanks to compute languages -f Format output according to the format specifier format. -V Show version of the program and exit. -h Show summary of options. file Scan file recursively for font faces. RETURN CODES
fc-scan returns error code 0 if at least one font was found or 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
fc-query(1) FcFileScan(3) FcDirScan(3) FcPatternFormat(3) fc-cat(1) fc-cache(1) fc-list(1) fc-match(1) fc-pattern(1) The fontconfig user's guide, in HTML format: /usr/share/doc/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html. AUTHOR
This manual page was updated by Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@behdad.org>. Jan 15, 2009 FC-SCAN(1)