Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Open a data format file? Post 302760833 by Adhi on Thursday 24th of January 2013 04:09:11 PM
Old 01-24-2013
cat -vt and od doesn't work for me..
string command works little bit.. but is there any other command to get the exact thing..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to number format a data file without using SED?

Hi I have a file which contains data (list of data) and I want to put a number with bracket 1) 2) 3) etc at the beginning of every successive line I can do it with SED and I can also do it using the nl route but am looking for a different method. I'm guessing I would need some sort of loop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cactus Jack
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed to format data in a file

Hi , i need help with formatting a file i am generating which is to be used in mainframe app so the file length has to be 80 for each rows. The file that m able to generate looks like this (consists of two rows only) E 1006756 1006756 Active T E 0551055 0551055 Active T I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnilashis
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format/Fix Timestamp Data in a File.

Hello Experts, I have a timestamp(6) column in a .csv data file , format of the data is as below:- ETCT,P,Elec, Inc.,abc,11/5/2010 4:16:09.000000 PM,Y,Y,Y I want the timestamp column to be properly formatted like 11/05/2010 04:16:09.000000 PM Currently the "0" is missing with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtlrsk
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Masking data for different file format

Hi, I have 3 kind of files that contains date data needed to be masked. The file is like this: File 1 (all contents in 1 line): input:DTM+7:201103281411:203'LOC+175+SGSIN:139:6+TERMINATOR......'DTM+132:201103281413:203'LOC.... output:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alvin123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open Text file input data and save it.

Hi Guys, I have blank file A.txt I will run the script xyz.sh First i want to open a.txt file... Now i will enter some data like XYZ ABC PQR .. Save it and keep continue my script.... END of my script. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format the data file

hi all, i am new to unix forum,i want do some large data format work. pls help me to format the file. i have attched data file to be formated in that two set of line item is there . first set header & second set header to be come in to single header item same as like all the data also. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhamu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identifing The Format of Data File

Hello All, We are receiving UTF-16 formatted file and when i vi the file in Linux OS i am seeing some weird characters, is this because in my .bashrc profile the language variable has been set to LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 and hence the reason i am not able to read the UTF-16 formatted file properly? or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Programming

How to open hidden file and converted into .dat format?

Here i am having ".tmideg0"hidden file . I have made programm but it doesnot work #!/usr/bin/perl $runDir = $ENV{"REGR_RUN_DIR"}; @files = (<*.tmideg0> <*.tmideg1>); foreach $FILE (@files) { open (IN, $FILE) || die "Couldn't open $FILE for reading"; open (OUT,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi1991nash
2 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. A listing of this program is given in the pcredemo documentation. If you do not have a copy of the PCRE distribution, you can save this listing to re-create pcredemo.c. The demonstration program, which uses the original PCRE 8-bit library, compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your operating system, you should be able to compile the demon- stration program using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre In a Windows environment, if you want to statically link the program against a non-dll pcre.a file, you must uncomment the line that defines PCRE_STATIC before including pcre.h, because otherwise the pcre_malloc() and pcre_free() exported functions will be declared __declspec(dllimport), with unwanted results. Once you have compiled and linked the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and both PCRE libraries. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. If you try to run pcredemo when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this on some operating systems (e.g. Solaris): ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 10 January 2012 Copyright (c) 1997-2012 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)