Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ./configure: not found
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ./configure: not found Post 302760783 by Scarlet on Thursday 24th of January 2013 03:13:48 PM
Old 01-24-2013
./configure: not found

Hi,
I'm trying to install sudo on Solaris 10. I have added the package. The notes said to use "./configure", "./make" and "./make install" to complete the installation. However, none of the commands are found.

Can you please tell me how to enable it or how else can i install the package.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Scarlet

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP configure

Hi people I am having problems getting a few Sun Station to work again. We just moved to a new building with new IPs and new gateways. I need to change all these settings. Could some one please tel me what files I have to change. It is a Solaris 5.7 machine. Thanx O:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. Linux

options used in ./configure

Hi, for a given binary file or rpm package, is there any way for me to know the ./configure options passed onto it when it was built? Thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

4. Solaris

configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH

When i configure apache(2.2.15) on solaris-8 server it producing following error <configure: error: no acceptable ld found in $PATH configure failed for srclib/apr > please help me any to fix this error. :confused: ---------- Post updated at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous update was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

6. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure

hello, I'm trying install apache http server version 2.2.22. I downloaded the file httpd-2.2.22.tar.bz2. I unzipped this file.. When I type "./configure", the following error occurs: # ./configure --prefix=/opt/work/apache2.2.22 checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adriano Schmidt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure NGINX?

Hi , I installed NGINX and when i i go see the browser it says welcome If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed and working. Further configuration is required. is there any kind of document to configure that(i am completly new for this) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to configure Oracle sqlplus V12 properly. Need Help. Resources could'nt be found elsewhere .

I installed Oracle sqlplus on My Ubuntu 14.04 64bit version as per the instructions on: help.ubuntu page (Unable to post the URL as i'm new user here). I'm totally new to SQL and now i'm learning queries in my college. I installed 64bit version of sqplus and run it executing the command:... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunmayilvagan
14 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)