Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX I am getting the following error when I do an errpt. What do I need to do to fix it. Post 302760601 by funksen on Thursday 24th of January 2013 10:01:04 AM
Old 01-24-2013
at least one lp of a logical volume mirror is out of sync

check your vgs with

Code:
lsvg volumegroupname

and watch out for this line:

Code:
STALE PVs:          0                        STALE PPs:      0

if the stale pp count is > 0, try

Code:
varyonvg volumegroupname

or, if it's a cluster with concurrent vgs, run

Code:
smitty cl_syncvg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 errpt full of message: DISK OPERATION ERROR

Hi All, Can anyone explain me the meanning of the following errors: LABEL: SC_DISK_ERR2 IDENTIFIER: B6267342 Description DISK OPERATION ERROR Probable Causes DASD DEVICE Failure Causes DISK DRIVE DISK DRIVE ELECTRONICS Recommended Actions PERFORM PROBLEM DETERMINATION... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gianlu
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to fix df: cannot statvfs error

I have a Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 9 on it. I changed one file system (also mount point) name from /home to /u01. Then I updated /etc/vfstab. After that, I did df -k, system told me that df: cannot statvfs /home: No such file or directory/. Please tell me how and where to fix this error?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to fix :[too many arguments error in code

I am getting a :; then echo "Enter zero or one file" echo "You must use a valid directory" echo "Current directory is:" pwd exit 0 fi #Flag Variable flag=1 #Code for no arguments if ; then for filename in * do if ; then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brewer27
2 Replies

4. AIX

errpt - TTYHOG error

I am getting this temporary error on my errpt: IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 0873CF9F 0623104510 T S pts/0 TTYHOG OVER-RUN LABEL: TTY_TTYHOG IDENTIFIER: 0873CF9F Date/Time: Tue Jun 22 02:00:53 GMT+08:00 2010 Sequence Number: 76... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: famasutika
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fix the if and then error in bash

For anyone have work in bash shell scripting before know the if and then statement it work like this if (condition); then I have create a mini shell in C, and I want to make it a bit more tolerable than the normal bash shell where you do not need the ';' between if and then if they are in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snow2462
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emergency !! Need to fix this error!

Pls help me with the below script. Its returning an error No such file or Directory. #!/bin/ksh cd /enip/enipapp/cbp/AOC2511201 for file in `cat filename.txt | head -1 | tr -d '\r'` do for i in `cat '$file' | tr -d '\r'` do echo "-----script start `date`... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
9 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fix script error (%%n)

Hi, I'm currently tinkering with a script that uses the for command to process all *.gif files in the current folder. I marked the spot where it exits out with an error by adding a "pause" The error message given is: convert.exe: unable to open image `%x': No such file or directory @... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me please to fix my error

Can you help me to fix my error please?! I checked the code and I think there is no mistake, but when I run it gives me error such line 1: /Users/Manu/trials/hosts: is a directory sort: open failed: /Users/Manu/trials/hosts/*: No such file or directory Help me please... mycode NAME value.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manu1234567
9 Replies

9. AIX

How to put customized error report on errpt ?

Hi Gurus, Here is a requirement from my side, i have a script root password expiary, means this script will examine if root password has been expired or not, if it's expired then it will write into a file and mail to certain mail id till here everything is fine. But i want it to write to errpt,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Data error need to fix

Hi Guys, I`m having a strange problem with my data set. Whenever there is a transition to another value is col1, the corresponding 3rd col goes to the next line. This is a huge file, so need to fix in a script. The file is tab delimited. Here is what is happening when transitioning from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gina.lizar
4 Replies
VGDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGDISPLAY(8)

NAME
vgdisplay - display attributes of volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgdisplay [-A|--activevolumegroups] [-c|--colon|-s|--short|-v|--verbose] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--nosuffix] [-P|--partial] [--unitshHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [--version] [VolumeGroupName[VolumeGroupName...]] vgdisplay --columns | -C [--aligned][-d|--debug][-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure][--noheadings][--nosuffix] [-o|--options[+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort[+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]] [-P|--partial] [--separatorSeparator] [--unbuffered] [--unitshHbB- sSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [VolumeGroupName[VolumeGroupName...]] DESCRIPTION
vgdisplay allows you to see the attributes of VolumeGroupName (or all volume groups if none is given) with it's physical and logical vol- umes and their sizes etc. vgs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options and vgs for options given with --columns. -A, --activevolumegroups Only select the active volume groups. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. vgs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: 1 volume group name 2 volume group access 3 volume group status 4 internal volume group number 5 maximum number of logical volumes 6 current number of logical volumes 7 open count of all logical volumes in this volume group 8 maximum logical volume size 9 maximum number of physical volumes 10 current number of physical volumes 11 actual number of physical volumes 12 size of volume group in kilobytes 13 physical extent size 14 total number of physical extents for this volume group 15 allocated number of physical extents for this volume group 16 free number of physical extents for this volume group 17 uuid of volume group -s, --short Give a short listing showing the existence of volume groups. -v, --verbose Display verbose information containing long listings of physical and logical volumes. If given twice, also display verbose runtime information of vgdisplay's activities. --version Display version and exit successfully. --columns|-C Display output in columns, the equivalent of vgs. Options listed are the same as options given in vgs (8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgs(8), pvcreate(8), vgcreate(8), lvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGDISPLAY(8)