Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Reuse old/configured server for new purpose problems. Post 302760577 by RedSpyder on Thursday 24th of January 2013 09:13:30 AM
Old 01-24-2013
Okay! In the first two steps I got this:

Code:
# zpool list
NAME      SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
app       816G   422G   394G    51%  ONLINE  -
oslocal   102G  15.8G  86.2G    15%  ONLINE  -

Code:
# zfs list
NAME                      USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
app                       666G   749M  44.8K  /app
app/backup               44.8K  40.0G  44.8K  /backup
app/home_app             3.54G  8.46G  3.54G  /home/app
app/oradata_smart_ora1   1.09G  11.9G  1.09G  /oradata/SMART/ora1
app/oradata_smart_ora2   7.07G  10.9G  7.07G  /oradata/SMART/ora2
app/oradata_smart_ora3   19.8G  16.2G  19.8G  /oradata/SMART/ora3
app/oradata_smart_ora4    136G  30.1G   136G  /oradata/SMART/ora4
app/oradata_smart_ora5   11.8G  43.2G  11.8G  /oradata/SMART/ora5
app/oradata_smart_ora6   47.0G  28.0G  47.0G  /oradata/SMART/ora6
app/oradata_smart_ora7    122G  24.9G   122G  /oradata/SMART/ora7
app/oradata_smart_redo1   601M  2.41G   601M  /oradata/SMART/redo1
app/oradata_smart_redo2   601M  2.41G   601M  /oradata/SMART/redo2
app/oradata_smart_redo3   601M  2.41G   601M  /oradata/SMART/redo3
app/smart                44.8K  95.0G  44.8K  /smart
oslocal                  75.0G  25.4G    20K  /oslocal
oslocal/export_home      15.4G  44.6G  15.4G  /export/home
oslocal/swap_file          15G  40.1G   354M  -

In the second step, how I determine whats the "pool_name"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

httpd server problems!

Hello, My apache was working before, but not anymore. When I try to run this service this way: service httpd start I get the following error: Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied Anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HSN
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to reuse same major number

Hi, I am working on device drivers.Once If register a device i'll get one major no. If i unregister and register again i'll get a different major no.What i have to do to get same major no. each time :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Reuse disk from other HP-UX

Hello, I have 2 hp-ux both running 11.23, I have move one of a harddisk from "UNIX A" to "UNIX B", so how can I read back the data in "UNIX B"? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zetadhell
5 Replies

4. AIX

What's the purpose of rj45-like connector on front panel of p5 55A server ?

Hi, What is the purpose of this connector ? I attached picture of it. In docs it is called "Ethernet connector". thanks Vilius (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reuse Variable..

Hi. I have these two variables: My objective here is to reuse that $file_name variable again and again by resetting the $cv value. for example, if i reissue the cv="$(print 'CV01')" command, thus $file_name is now should be "CP99978_CV01.TXT", not "CP99978_CV01.TXT" anymore. How I'm... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
7 Replies

6. AIX

restoring mksysb backup of a clustered server configured in HACMP

Hi, I have done NIM restoration via nim_bosinst a lot of times but I have some doubts on restoring a server which is clustered specifically HACMP. Previously, I don't know the trend but after doing a nim_bosinst, I can see the client's hostname is back to "localhost" rather than its original... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A bad configured logrotate can cause a problems with memory leak ?

I am newbe to unix. I have a very serious problem on my server. I have a java application running, and all day on Monday morning, the process that is associated with this java is locked. Usually I doing a shutdown by the shutdown java command , you have to kill the process with the kill-kill... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjoottaa
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reuse a LUN

I have a LUN (From HP-Storage VA7110) that is claimed on 2 servers, but is in used in one of the VG on Server-1 . Now I want to shut Server-1 and re-use that LUN on server-2 . Server-1 Path-1 : /dev/rdsk/c4t0d1 Path-2: /dev/rdsk/c6t0d1 Server-2 Path-1: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d1 Path-2:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to boot from mirror disk on x86 server configured under VxVM

Hi, Can you help me on booting x86 server configured under VxVM. Server boots fine normally from both the disks but if I try to boot server from mirror disk without starting veritas, then it does not boot. vxplex -g rootdg dis var-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis swapvol-02 vxplex -g rootdg dis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milindphanse604
2 Replies

10. Programming

Reuse format strings

I have a collection of format strings for sscanf, such as "%02d%*1s%02d%*1s%02d" to read in certain formatted strings, such as dates, times, etc. I wonder if there is a way to use them in printf without some changes? The example above would not work - at least I can't think of any ways to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
4 Replies
databases(5)						     GNATS configuration files						      databases(5)

NAME
databases - the known set of GNATS databases DESCRIPTION
The databases configuration file is a site-wide configuration file containing the list of GNATS databases that are available either on the host itself or remotely over the network, together with some parameters associated with each database. It is located in the directory /usr/share/gnats. The file contains one line for each database. For databases located on the host itself, each line consists of three fields separated by colons: database name:short description:/path/to/database The first field is the database name. This is the name used to identify the database when invoking programs such as query-pr or send-pr, either by using the --database option of the program or by setting the GNATSDB environment variable to the name of the database. The sec- ond field is a short human-readable description of the database contents, and the final field is the directory where the database contents are kept. For a database that is located across a network, but which should be accessible from this host, the entry for the database should look like this: database name:short description of database::hostname:port The first two fields are the same as for local databases, the third field is empty (notice the two adjacent `:' symbols, indicating an empty field), the fourth field is the hostname of the remote GNATS server, and the fifth field is the port number that the remote GNATS server is running on. Note that if you add a new local database, you must create its data directory, including appropriate subdirectories and administrative files after adding an entry to databases. This is best done using the mkdb tool. Lines beginning with a # are ignored. The database name default is special; this is the entry used if no database name is specified via a --database option or the GNATSDB envi- ronment variable. SEE ALSO
Keeping Track: Managing Messages With GNATS (also installed as the GNU Info file gnats.info) databases(5), dbconfig(5), delete-pr(8), edit-pr(1) file-pr(8), gen-index(8), gnats(7), gnatsd(8), mkcat(8), mkdb(8), pr-edit(8), query- pr(1), queue-pr(8), send-pr(1). COPYING
Copyright (c) 1993, 2000, 2003, Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are preserved on all copies. Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission notice identical to this one. Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions, except that this permission notice may be included in translations approved by the Free Software Foundation instead of in the original English. GNATS
August 2003 databases(5)