Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Root disk mirroring in SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Root disk mirroring in SVM Post 302760535 by hicksd8 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 07:23:58 AM
Old 01-24-2013
With the 4 disks that are showing the same geometry I just wonder whether format is seeing the same 2 drives twice; or are there really four separate physical drives? (ie, 5 in all)?

Post the output of:

Code:

mount

so we can see what the mounted devices are.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris mirroring / non-root disk

Hi Guys, Need to add 2 disks into a JBOD array (3310). Does anyone see anything wrong with my Procedure / Doco below? 1> Logon to system, check system logs for abnormal entries. 2> Make backups of related system files: A>cp -p /etc/system /etc/system.backup.081505 B>cp -p /etc/vfstab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Veritas root disk mirroring

Hi there, My task is to replace the two 73 G disks with two 143 G disks , which has vxvm 4.1 running on it. I would like to know whether the steps iam following are correct. 1. Break the sub-disks, plexes of the root mirror. 2. Remove the sub-disks,plexes of the root mirror. 3. Remove one of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
10 Replies

3. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM, mirroring

Really sorry for the long posting. But i would really want to clear all the doubts. I have 2 disk c0t0d0 & c0t1d0, i wanted to mirror c0t1d0 (mirror) to c0t0d0 (main). Creating state database replica: metadb -a -c3 -f c0t0d0s7 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Root Disk mirroring in SVM

Dear All, Please help me to configure root mirroring using SVM in Solaris 9. Thanks and Regards, Lakkireddy BR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Disk mismatch while trying to zfs mirroring non-root disks

Hello All, I am trying to mirror two non-root hard drives using zfs. But "fmthard" fails when I try to copy the vtoc due to disk mismatch. Please help me. --- iostat command shows the disk to be similiar --- format command shows disk to be different :confused: --- c1t2d0 is the active... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
8 Replies

7. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Root disk mirroring in Solaris 10

I would like to perform root disk mirroring task. Can someone please help me out on this. Thanks !! Regards, Rama (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VCS triggerring panic on 1 node, root disk under SVM

We have two node cluster with OS disk mirrored under SVM. There is slight disk problem on one of the mirror disk causing cluster to panic. Failure of one mirror disk causing VCS to panic the node. Why VCS is not able to write /var filesystem, as one of the disk is healthy. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amlanroy
1 Replies
makefloppies(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   makefloppies(8)

Name
       MAKEFLOPPIES - Creates the default floppy device nodes.

Note
       This  manpage has been automatically generated from fdutils's texinfo documentation.  However, this process is only approximative, and some
       items, such as cross-references, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process.  Indeed, these items have no appropriate  rep-
       resentation  in	the  manpage  format.  Moreover, only the items specific to each command have been translated, and the general information
       about fdutils has been dropped in the manpage version.  Thus I strongly advise you to use the original texinfo doc.

*      To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following commands:

./configure; make dvi; dvips fdutils.dvi

*      To generate a HTML copy,	run:

./configure; make html

A pre-made HTML can be found at: `http://www.tux.org/pub/knaff/fdutils'

*      To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:

./configure; make info

The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as HTML.  Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due  to  the
       quoting conventions used in info.

Description
	  MAKEFLOPPIES [-tlvng] [drives]

The  MAKEFLOPPIES  shell  script creates the new floppy block device node.  It uses the floppycontrol program to translate the minor device
       numbers into meaningful names. It also uses these names to decide whether to create a given block device file or not, depending on the type
       of the physical drive (for instance, for a 3 1/2 drive, the formats corresponding to a 5 1/4 drive are not created).

If  you	have  more  than  two  floppy  drives,	you  need  to  tell  the  kernel  the  CMOS  types  of	those  additional drives using the
       floppy=drive,type,cmos lilo option.

If the drives  parameter is given, only the device nodes for the listed drives are made. By default, all only  the  two	first  drives  are
       tried.

MAKEFLOPPIES does not work if you redefine your default formats.

Caution: MAKEFLOPPIES removes already existing floppy device nodes.

Options
       -t     Use the old naming convention for 3 1/2 devices (e.g. `fd0H720' instead of `fd0u720').

-m     Base the name for the created devices on the type of the media (e.g. `fd0h720' instead of `fd0u720').

-l     Local. Creates device nodes in the local directory, not /dev

-v     Verbose

-n     Dry run. (just report what would be done, do not do anything)

-g     Group.  Allow read/write access to floppy devices only for group `floppy'

Bugs
       The MAKEFLOPPIES script does not work on redefined "default" formats, If you redefine default formats, you need to create the needed device
       nodes manually.

See Also
       Fdutils' texinfo doc

fdutils-5.5							      03Mar05							   makefloppies(8)