Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏ Post 302760463 by rehantayyab82 on Thursday 24th of January 2013 04:43:10 AM
Old 01-24-2013
Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏

i am in process to install R12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1.

while installing pre-requisite on RHEL 6.1 i am facing following error :

rpm -ivh xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:
libX11.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386
libXext.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386

xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm is 32 bit rpm but it is written in oracle doccumentation to install this 32 bit rpm on 64 bit operating system also.
when i search for dependencies they are already present.

locate libX11.so.6

/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6.3.0

how do i solve such errors ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing Updates on RHEL 3 & 4

Is there another way to install updates on RHEL besides using the up2date utility? I have some systems that are not accessible to the internet. So, when I look for the updates that are supposed to be for my system, i dont even know where to go to download them? it just keeps bringing me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64

Hi, experts, I am trying to intall Perl/Tk module (Tk-804.028 ) into Perl5.6.1, however, the directory structure seems to be different from i386 than x86_64 and the installation keeps failing. Is this a known/common issue? Or does anyone has any workaround for this? ~* Dniz *~ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Bug hits while installing RHEL 5.5

I have one R710 Dell Box, when i try to install the RHEL on the system the installation stops with following error "Assertion (heads < 256) at disk_dos.c:486 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed." I 'm unable to ignore/cancel the same and have hard boot the server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problem installing PSP on rhel 5.2 64

hi, i have a problem when i try to install Proliant support pack into a server with rhel 5.2 sv556:#/tmp/psp# ./hpsum -silent ./hpsum: error while loading shared libraries: libfreetype.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory i have already installed library... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)						   User Manuals 						YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)

NAME
yum-versionlock - Version lock rpm packages SYNOPSIS
yum-versionlock [ package-name [ package-name]] ... DESCRIPTION
yum-versionlock(1) is a Yum plugin that takes a set of name/versions for packages and excludes all other versions of those packages (including optionally following obsoletes). This allows you to protect packages from being updated by newer versions. The plugin provides a command "versionlock" which allows you to view and edit the list of locked packages easily. yum versionlock add <package-wildcard>... Add a versionlock for all of the packages in the rpmdb matching the given wildcards. yum versionlock exclude <package-wildcard>... Add a exclude (within versionlock) for the latest versions of the packages in the available repos. matching the given wildcards. yum ver- sionlock list List the current versionlock entries. yum versionlock delete <entry-wildcard>... Remove any matching versionlock entries. yum versionlock clear Remove all versionlock entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-versionlock.conf(5) for more information. /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.list The default place to put package version lock information (one package and version per. line). The file takes entries in the follow- ing format EPOCH:NAME-VERSION-RELEASE.ARCH See rpm(8) for more information on custom query formats. If the package does not have an EPOCH the number will default to 0. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-versionlock is available via: # yum install yum-versionlock AUTHORS
Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> Documentation modified by: Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 28 December 2009 YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)