Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat OpenLDAP Server Configuration error Post 302760375 by aninmuk on Thursday 24th of January 2013 01:24:48 AM
Old 01-24-2013
OpenLDAP Server Configuration error

I followed the guide from the below link to set up a ldap server. After everything is finished, I configured a client for ldap authentication and I can search the entries in ldap using the command ldapsearch -x ZZ but when I am trying to login to the client using a ldap user, the prompt just keeps waiting. I found the below log from the ldap server side.

Log for successful search from client side

Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 fd=19 ACCEPT from IP=<CLIENT-IP>:22759 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 op=0 BIND dn="" method=128
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 op=1 SRCH base="<DOMAIN>" scope=2 deref=0 filter="(objectClass=*)"
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 op=1 SRCH attr=ZZ
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 op=1 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 nentries=6 text=
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 op=2 UNBIND
Jan 24 11:34:00 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1012 fd=19 closed

Log for unsuccessful ldap user login from client side

Jan 24 11:35:23 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1013 fd=19 ACCEPT from IP=<CLIENT-IP>:53501 (IP=0.0.0.0:389)
Jan 24 11:35:23 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1013 op=0 EXT oid=1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037
Jan 24 11:35:23 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1013 op=0 STARTTLS
Jan 24 11:35:23 server3 slapd[11086]: conn=1013 op=0 RESULT oid= err=0 text=

Guide Link
http://cheenu-y2k.blogspot.in/2011/0...r-configuratio

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Print server configuration

Hi, Any one can help me to configure print server in SCO Unixware. I don't have any idea in this context. Any help would be highly appreciated. Best Regards, Tayyab (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

2. Linux

FTP server configuration!

Hello, I use fedora linux. I want to configure my FTP server. Actually, I don't know anything about this server except that I know I have installed it. Please guide me with this. Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ntp server configuration

hi Please give me the configuration steps for NTP server. How do i sync other servers with this NTP server thanks to all (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sijocg
1 Replies

4. SCO

Server Configuration

hi, I am new to this forum as well new to unix . i also wish to know the commands to find out the configuration of our server. i did try these commands uname -a and it gave this unixware agk2 5 7.1.4 i386 x86at sco unix - svr5. i did try out these commands to get more info on cpu... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lacchhii
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

6. Linux

Error YUM after removing openldap

Dear all, I am working on Centos 6 (2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64). After removing openldap (openldap-2.4.19-15.el6.x86_64), i can not perform command yum (or /usr/bin/yum). *Here is error: # yum search anypackage There was a problem importing one of the Python modules required to run yum.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Permissions configuration for web server

Greetings! I have a Solaris workstation that I use for web hosting. It runs SAMP and everything was working good for me until I got a need to add a couple of co-workers to help me with development. I'm trying to find some guidance for how to set up filesystem permissions so everybody would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pn8830
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

9. Web Development

SMTP Server Configuration

Hello list, I want to be able to send email directly from my linux box. I have both a CentOS and Debian installation. I am by no means an expert when it comes to all of the SMTP servers. I have been testing different configs by installing and uninstalling sendmail, postfix, and exim4. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Openldap: getting error as ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Hi, we are setting up an hadoop environment in Azure. we are having java 7 installed and below steps which i have completed and getting error while as "ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)" doing ldapsearch 1. I have installed openldap-servers.x86_64 openldap-clients.x86_64... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bibhusisa
2 Replies
IDMAP_LDAP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     IDMAP_LDAP(8)

NAME
idmap_ldap - Samba's idmap_ldap Backend for Winbind DESCRIPTION
The idmap_ldap plugin provides a means for Winbind to store and retrieve SID/uid/gid mapping tables in an LDAP directory service. In contrast to read only backends like idmap_rid, it is an allocating backend: This means that it needs to allocate new user and group IDs in order to create new mappings. The allocator can be provided by the idmap_ldap backend itself or by any other allocating backend like idmap_tdb or idmap_tdb2. This is configured with the parameter idmap alloc backend. Note that in order for this (or any other allocating) backend to function at all, the default backend needs to be writeable. The ranges used for uid and gid allocation are the default ranges configured by "idmap uid" and "idmap gid". Furthermore, since there is only one global allocating backend responsible for all domains using writeable idmap backends, any explicitly configured domain with idmap backend ldap should have the same range as the default range, since it needs to use the global uid / gid allocator. See the example below. IDMAP OPTIONS
ldap_base_dn = DN Defines the directory base suffix to use when searching for SID/uid/gid mapping entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will default to using the "ldap idmap suffix" option from smb.conf. ldap_user_dn = DN Defines the user DN to be used for authentication. If absent an anonymous bind will be performed. ldap_url = ldap://server/ Specifies the LDAP server to use when searching for existing SID/uid/gid map entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will assume that ldap://localhost/ should be used. range = low - high Defines the available matching uid and gid range for which the backend is authoritative. If the parameter is absent, Winbind fails over to use the "idmap uid" and "idmap gid" options from smb.conf. IDMAP ALLOC OPTIONS
ldap_base_dn = DN Defines the directory base suffix under which new SID/uid/gid mapping entries should be stored. If not defined, idmap_ldap will default to using the "ldap idmap suffix" option from smb.conf. ldap_user_dn = DN Defines the user DN to be used for authentication. If absent an anonymous bind will be performed. ldap_url = ldap://server/ Specifies the LDAP server to which modify/add/delete requests should be sent. If not defined, idmap_ldap will assume that ldap://localhost/ should be used. EXAMPLES
The follow sets of a LDAP configuration which uses two LDAP directories, one for storing the ID mappings and one for retrieving new IDs. [global] idmap backend = ldap:ldap://localhost/ idmap uid = 1000000-1999999 idmap gid = 1000000-1999999 idmap alloc backend = ldap idmap alloc config : ldap_url = ldap://id-master/ idmap alloc config : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=example,dc=com NOTE
In order to use authentication against ldap servers you may need to provide a DN and a password. To avoid exposing the password in plain text in the configuration file we store it into a security store. The "net idmap " command is used to store a secret for the DN specified in a specific idmap domain. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 IDMAP_LDAP(8)