Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't shutdown the computer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Can't shutdown the computer Post 302760205 by Yoda on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 03:16:25 PM
Old 01-23-2013
How about?
Code:
sudo shutdown -h now

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to shutdown

Hai Could somebody tell me the solution to my problem. the question is as follows there is one unix server and 100 dummy terminals connected to my server, i want to shutdown client system if some of the client forgetten to power down their system. plez provide me the code for that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown Scripts

Hi, Recently I've created a script to shutdown a few hpux workstations and I found out that the script can only shutdown 1 workstation and then exit out from the loop without shutting down the rest of the workstation. The scripts is as below (brief one): hcp_list="machine_a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zheng_soon
4 Replies

3. Linux

non root shutdown????

Hey, I was wondering if there was an easy way to give a nonroot user shutdown privileges? I've been reading lots about it but it's all long and complicated for what i need to do. Really i just need this user to beable to run one command shutdown -h now and thats it. Oh yeah and i'm running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown

Firstly uname -a = UnixWare companyname 5 7.1.4 i386 x86at SCO UNIX_SVR5 Server is an HP Proliant ML350 G4 Tower Right, now to the problem. We frequently have power outtages and lightning strikes here due to our location in a VERY rural part of the UK. As such, I need to be able to remotely... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aewpcoles
6 Replies

5. Solaris

shutdown question

Hi is shutdown and init 0 are same command in solaris? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'shutdown' and 'cat'

Hi All, This is actually a good interview question. On linux, the permissions and group for 'shutdown' and 'cat' is the same. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 18K 2008-05-21 10:43 shutdown -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 17K 2007-01-30 19:51 cat Then why is it that a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsiddharth
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

8. AIX

Shutdown command

Hi, is there a difference between shutdown -Fand shutdown -h now? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: x_adm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shutdown Script

Im writing a script to read a file called shutdown.cf and shut down any scripts that are listed there. I have came up with the following based on things I saw in similar programs but it doesn not work: Has anybody any idea what I may be doing wrong? Cheers Paul (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
4 Replies

10. AIX

Server Shutdown

Hi, is it possible to find out ip address of user who has shutdown or rebooted the server , I have used the command errpt -a , in that it is showing server rebooted but it is not showing ip address who has shutdown the serve, even I have used command last reboot. Please suggest. Regards, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies
asadmin-shutdown(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-shutdown(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-shutdown, shutdown - brings down the administration server SYNOPSIS
shutdown [--user admin_user][--password admin_password][--host localhost] [--port 4848][--passwordfile filename][--secure|-s] shutdown gracefully brings down the administration server and all the running instances. You must manually start the administration server to bring it up again. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using the shutdown command asadmin> shutdown --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 Waiting for admin server to shutdown... Admin server has been shutdown EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Administration Server page asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-shutdown(1AS)