Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] Perl Question - split function with csv file Post 302760171 by WongSifu on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 01:19:19 PM
Old 01-23-2013
works!!! thanks!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl split function

$mystring = "name:blk:house::"; print "$mystring\n"; @s_format = split(/:/, $mystring); for ($i=0; $i <= $#s_format; $i++) { print "index is $i,field is $s_format"; print "\n"; } $size = $#s_format + 1; print "total size of array is $size\n"; i am expecting my size to be 5, why is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use split function in perl

Hello, if i have file like this: 010000890306932455804 05306977653873 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC30693599000 30971360000 ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ202011302942311 010000890306946317387 05306977313623 0520080417010520ISMS SMT ZZZZZZZZZZZZZOC306942190000 30971360000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl-like split function for bash?

Hi! I'm doing bash shell scripting and would like to know if bash had something similar to perl's split function? Ultimately, I want to split two strings (delimeter = '.') and compare each of their values. Thus, I figured putting them in an array would be easiest. So i.e.: String 1:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eur0dad
5 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: castle
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL split function

Hi... I have a question regarding the split function in PERL. I have a very huge csv file (more than 80 million records). I need to extract a particular position(eg : 50th position) of each line from the csv file. I tried using split function. But I realized split takes a very long time. Also... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Programming

split xlsx to csv using perl

Hi, I am new to perl. I want to split excel 2007 file to csv. every formula should be evaluated on each field. Plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl int function solved

Hello, I have the below perl function int to return the integer value from the expression but it is not. I am not sure if something misses out here. Any help on this? Thanks in advance. # Code sample Start my $size = int (`1134 sample_text_here`); print "$size \n"; # Code end ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

regular expression for split function in perl

Hi, Below is an example of a record I have, which I wish to split using the perl's split function and load it into an array. I am having tough time figuring out the exact reg-ex to perform the split. Given record: "a","xyz",0,2,48,"abcd","lmno,pqrR, stv",300,"abc",20, The delimiter to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jghoshal
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split function

my @d =split('\|', $_); west|ACH|3|Y|LuV|N||N|| Qt|UWST|57|Y|LSV|Y|Bng|N|KT| It Returns d as 8 for First Line, and 9 as for Second Line . I want to Process Both the Files, How to Handle It. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
3 Replies
REC2CSV(1)							   User Commands							REC2CSV(1)

NAME
rec2csv - rec to csv converter SYNOPSIS
rec2csv [OPTIONS]... [REC_FILE] DESCRIPTION
Convert rec data into csv data. -t, --type=TYPE record set to convert to csv; if this parameter is omitted then the default record set is used -S, --sort=FIELD sort the output by the specified field. --help print a help message and exit. --version show version and exit. AUTHOR
Written by Jose E. Marchesi. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to: bug-recutils@gnu.org GNU recutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/recutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010, 2011, 2012 Jose E. Marchesi. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for rec2csv is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and rec2csv programs are properly installed at your site, the command info rec2csv should give you access to the complete manual. rec2csv 1.4.93 January 2012 REC2CSV(1)