Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Makefiles: Writing list to screen Post 302760141 by DGPickett on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 12:09:07 PM
Old 01-23-2013
I like
Code:
echo ... | while read l ;do ...; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combining makefiles

I have concatenated 2 makefiles, to produce 1 however it is not running all of the code, producing a fatal error: symbol referencing errors. No output written. Can anybody please help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

makefiles in a directory and subdirectories

I need to develop a makefile that spans across directories. For example, let's say i have an upper level directory (main) and about 2 subdirectories. I want my .cpp files and .o files to be in one subdirectory. I want my .a files to be in the other subdirectory. The .a files are made up of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benjie_asu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I print variables im using in makefiles?

for example in my make file im building path from env variables and string but need to see what is did what is the best way to print the result? say I have in my Makefile : exec_prefix = $(RUN_ENV_LOCAL)/apache and I will like to print the exec_prefix value , how can it be done ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

makefiles

Solved........ (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: klam
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux kernel modules makefiles doubts

This query is regarding the makefiles of linux kernel modules. I saw at some sites on net it is suggesting to include the following path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /usr/src/linux... while at some places it is askibg to include /lib/modules path: KERNEL_SOURCE := /lib/modules/2.6.27-7-generic/build... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies

7. Programming

Makefiles for different programs

I have several programs in several directories and want to use make to build the executables. What I have done is to put the main programs in their own directory together with a makefile to build the program. Then I am thinking of having another makefile residing in the directory above so I can run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building programs from separate makefiles

I have several makefiles to build various programs in a software suite (currently 4 programs). I want to create a main Makefile so that I can build everything I need. Unsure on the way I should proceed, for example using include fdtc.mk or calling $(MAKE) -f ./mk/Makefile nfdtc Here... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
15 Replies

9. Programming

First time programmer needs Help with Makefiles

I am trying to practice to create Makefiles. The goal is to create a makefile such that if a change is made to any of the source code files, the project can be rebuilt by typing make at the command line. I have the following files: ac.cc: has include ac.h and pg.h fr.cc: has main... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pintu1228
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Makefiles

Hi All, I was going through some makefiles where I saw occurrences of explib_subdirs and expinc_subdirs, which I could not understand. Exporting libs to subdirs ? Exporting include files to specified subdirs ? When do we need to do that ? What I could understand is, for a build, I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alltaken
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)