Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No of CPU's and No of Core
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat No of CPU's and No of Core Post 302760061 by Corona688 on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 10:09:56 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Hyperthreading does not give you more cores, even though the OS needs to track them as such.

So, one chip, four physical cores.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

cpu and core

Hi, what is concept of core in ibm platform? I want to know how to find out no of core in cpu in aix i.e command how to find out value of core? Wheather any specification is there? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. AIX

no of core in cpu for aix

is there command which will display no of core per cpu in aix? Regads, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How maney CPU and core?

Hi, Is it a command that show's how many CPU and Core the solaris server have? Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Distinguishing between CPU and Core

Hi, I want to know if in UNIX is it possible to distinguish between a CPU and a core through any command? Thanks, Vineet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Restricting CPU Core Access

Hi all. I've had a quick look around but cant see anything exactly matching my requirements. I have a new T2000 running S10. Im looking to restrict the no. cores that a S10 non-global zone can use to 1 only. The box is single CPU but 8core. I want to do this to save on some software... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boneyard
4 Replies

6. AIX

What is a cpu core ?

Hi Friends- What does it mean by 2 cpu cores, 3 cpu cores? Does it mean 2 separate cpus or what is it exactly ? Kindly explain a bit in detail. Thanks panditt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Share CPU core

Hi, I have 2 physical processor UltraSPARC-T2 with 32 virtual processors I want to execute a perl program on 10 virtual processors. I try prset command, but I don't see a difference. psrset -c "created processor set 2" 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10" psrset -b 2 `pgrep program.pl` Maybe... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: falloutsam
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to monitor per core CPU utilization?

I can use top to see the overall cpu utilization in the system but i m using a system with 24 cores .How would i monitor each core utilization ? The system is used as Oracle VM Server for Virtualization. My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Assigning cpu/core to globalzone

hi all, I am running SPARC server + solaris 10. (no LDOMs) Due to change of setup and application licensing cost, I need to cap my core/cpu utilization in my globalzone. Right now, I have 1x6 cores in my server, how do I change it to utilized 4 cores instead ? By using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies
OPENSSL_ia32cap(3SSL)						      OpenSSL						     OPENSSL_ia32cap(3SSL)

NAME
OPENSSL_ia32cap - finding the IA-32 processor capabilities SYNOPSIS
unsigned long *OPENSSL_ia32cap_loc(void); #define OPENSSL_ia32cap (*(OPENSSL_ia32cap_loc())) DESCRIPTION
Value returned by OPENSSL_ia32cap_loc() is address of a variable containing IA-32 processor capabilities bit vector as it appears in EDX register after executing CPUID instruction with EAX=1 input value (see Intel Application Note #241618). Naturally it's meaningful on IA-32[E] platforms only. The variable is normally set up automatically upon toolkit initialization, but can be manipulated afterwards to modify crypto library behaviour. For the moment of this writing six bits are significant, namely: 1. bit #28 denoting Hyperthreading, which is used to distiguish cores with shared cache; 2. bit #26 denoting SSE2 support; 3. bit #25 denoting SSE support; 4. bit #23 denoting MMX support; 5. bit #20, reserved by Intel, is used to choose between RC4 code pathes; 6. bit #4 denoting presence of Time-Stamp Counter. For example, clearing bit #26 at run-time disables high-performance SSE2 code present in the crypto library. You might have to do this if target OpenSSL application is executed on SSE2 capable CPU, but under control of OS which does not support SSE2 extentions. Even though you can manipulate the value programmatically, you most likely will find it more appropriate to set up an environment variable with the same name prior starting target application, e.g. on Intel P4 processor 'env OPENSSL_ia32cap=0x12900010 apps/openssl', to achieve same effect without modifying the application source code. Alternatively you can reconfigure the toolkit with no-sse2 option and recompile. 1.0.0e 2007-04-01 OPENSSL_ia32cap(3SSL)