Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Read Only Permission after the space is full. Post 302760001 by Sreejith K on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 08:38:54 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Read Only Permission after the space is full.

Hi,
Is there any chance that a file system that mounted on the server becomes read only when the space in that file system becomes full?
Regards,
Sreejith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Files should get full permission

Hi All, Could any one please help me in performing the following? We have the following folder: /home/test/proj1 /home/test/proj2 /home/test/proj3 Users from different country places files in this folder using FTP (These users uses different flavors of FTP tools). Our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vfrg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Space full

I was tryin to copy a large file under /tmp location. I guess the disk space got full and i got fork error. Then I tried removing some files but the shell did not let me do anything bash> rm apache22.tar bash: fork: Not enough space bash> pwd /tmp bash> vmstat 1 bash: fork: Not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

4. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to give full permission to a directory?

Hi, I have enabled the Apache webserver on my machime. Apache root directory is /etc/apache2 and the user in which the web server is configured is webservd,I guess. I have another user called perf. Under perf user there is /export/home/perf/v9 directory. I want to give the OS user of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas89
3 Replies

6. AIX

Paging space is 100% full

Paging space is 100% full? what step can i take (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FILESYSTEM not FULL, PERMISSION is 777, but cant write to the server

ANy reasons? FILESYSTEM not FULL, PERMISSION is 777, but cant write to the filesystem? any steps to do? reasons for this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to get full FS space after mounting

Hi, I am unable to get the full FS space, as /home is 100% utilized and after deleting unwanted files, its still 100%. After checking the du -sk * | sort -n output and converting it to MBs, the total sizes comes out to be 351 MBs only however the lvol is of 3GB. I don't know where is all the space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Swap space (almost) full

Hello, This is RHEL 5.7. swap is almost full, but I am not sure, what to release and how to release space. This is production server so I would like to try all possible options before reboot. # top top - 00:18:26 up 327 days, 7:01, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18 Tasks: 782 total, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Password Less Authentication not Working After Giving Full Permission

Hello Team, Please help me to solve my Problem, By mistake, I give full permission to /(root) directory. by using the following command "chmod -R 777 /" after this, the client asks for the password to login via ssh. Before that, I an able to Login without a password. Please help me to retrieve... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies
VFS_STATFS(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					     VFS_STATFS(9)

NAME
VFS_STATFS -- return file system status SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> #include <sys/vnode.h> int VFS_STATFS(struct mount *mp, struct statfs *sbp); DESCRIPTION
The VFS_STATFS() macro returns various pieces of information about the file system, including recommended I/O sizes, free space, free inodes, etc. The arguments it expects are: mp The file system. sbp A statfs structure, as defined by <sys/mount.h>, into which information is placed about the file system. The fields of struct statfs related to the file system are as follows: f_type Type of file system. f_flags A copy of mount exported flags. f_bsize Fragment size. f_iosize Optimal transfer block size. f_blocks The total number of data blocks in the file system. f_bfree The number of free blocks in the file system. f_bavail The number of free blocks available to non-superuser processes. f_files The total number of file nodes in the file system. f_ffree The number of free nodes available to non-superuser processes. f_syncwrites The number of synchronous writes since the file system was mounted. f_asyncwrites The number of asynchronous writes since the file system was mounted. f_syncreads The number of synchronous reads since the file system was mounted. f_asyncreads The number of asynchronous reads since the file system was mounted. f_namemax The maximum file name length for this file system. f_owner The user ID of the user that mounted the file system. f_fsid Unique file system ID. f_fstypename The file system type name; a string of at most MFSNAMELEN bytes. f_mntfromname The device name the file system was mounted from; a string of at most MNAMELEN bytes. f_mntonname The name of the directory on which the file system is mounted; a string of at most MNAMELEN bytes. SEE ALSO
VFS(9), vnode(9) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson. BSD
May 23, 2009 BSD