Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Read Only Permission after the space is full. Post 302760001 by Sreejith K on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 08:38:54 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Read Only Permission after the space is full.

Hi,
Is there any chance that a file system that mounted on the server becomes read only when the space in that file system becomes full?
Regards,
Sreejith

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Files should get full permission

Hi All, Could any one please help me in performing the following? We have the following folder: /home/test/proj1 /home/test/proj2 /home/test/proj3 Users from different country places files in this folder using FTP (These users uses different flavors of FTP tools). Our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vfrg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file with full permission in unix script

In my script, I am creating a file ----> then writting one line (i.e. Timestamp) ----> then FTP'ing. The same script can be executed by many other users. While other users executing this script, they couldn't Over write this one line (i.e. Timestamp) My expectation So I wanted to create a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbmk_design
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Space full

I was tryin to copy a large file under /tmp location. I guess the disk space got full and i got fork error. Then I tried removing some files but the shell did not let me do anything bash> rm apache22.tar bash: fork: Not enough space bash> pwd /tmp bash> vmstat 1 bash: fork: Not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

4. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to give full permission to a directory?

Hi, I have enabled the Apache webserver on my machime. Apache root directory is /etc/apache2 and the user in which the web server is configured is webservd,I guess. I have another user called perf. Under perf user there is /export/home/perf/v9 directory. I want to give the OS user of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas89
3 Replies

6. AIX

Paging space is 100% full

Paging space is 100% full? what step can i take (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FILESYSTEM not FULL, PERMISSION is 777, but cant write to the server

ANy reasons? FILESYSTEM not FULL, PERMISSION is 777, but cant write to the filesystem? any steps to do? reasons for this? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

Unable to get full FS space after mounting

Hi, I am unable to get the full FS space, as /home is 100% utilized and after deleting unwanted files, its still 100%. After checking the du -sk * | sort -n output and converting it to MBs, the total sizes comes out to be 351 MBs only however the lvol is of 3GB. I don't know where is all the space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kits
2 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Swap space (almost) full

Hello, This is RHEL 5.7. swap is almost full, but I am not sure, what to release and how to release space. This is production server so I would like to try all possible options before reboot. # top top - 00:18:26 up 327 days, 7:01, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18 Tasks: 782 total, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Password Less Authentication not Working After Giving Full Permission

Hello Team, Please help me to solve my Problem, By mistake, I give full permission to /(root) directory. by using the following command "chmod -R 777 /" after this, the client asks for the password to login via ssh. Before that, I an able to Login without a password. Please help me to retrieve... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)