Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xrdp hangs
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Xrdp hangs Post 302759999 by FrankVanDamme on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 08:32:44 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Xrdp hangs

Hi,

I'm trying to get xrdp to work. I installed xrdp 0.5.0 from EPEL and the Desktop group. Now I can connect to the server with rdesktop, but I can't do any input... there is an authentication window asking the root password "to set the network proxy used for downloading packages" and I can't move or close with the mouse nor enter anything in the dailog. Hopefully this little problem has a simple solution? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep hangs

Running it on SunOS 5.9 Generic_117171-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 The grep will hang if ERRORS.txt file > 100 lines Thanks :confused: ERRORS=./ERRORS.txt EXCLUDEERRORFILE=./excludeERR.txt cat $ERRORS | while read ERROR_LINE do echo +++ $ERROR_LINE cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
2 Replies

2. AIX

HMC Hangs

Hi Gurus ; I have few SP Nodes running and alongwith that there is a console. All running Aix 4.3. The console system use to monitor activities for other SP nodes but at a sudden the console stops responding without logging any error. We have to reboot everytime sometimes twice or thrice in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadwendrav
0 Replies

3. AIX

sysback hangs

I've set sysback to run in the cron daily to backup my servers to a nim servers SAN storage. Every once and a while the backup process hangs and the backup doesn't complete. When I check the processes the sysback processes are still running hours after sysback would normally end. I don't see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Explorer hangs

Hi Guys, Anyone encontered a problem where when you run your SUN explorer, it hangs at sysconfig? I am having this problem for some of my servers. rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

remote desktop error (xrdp)

My friends, I installed ubuntu server 11.04 (x86_64) and activated remote desktop connection package which name is xrdp. I can connect successfully there is no problem. I have installed xrdp on ubuntu server 9.10 (x86) but I can't remote desktop. It gave an error messages. Picture is attached.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Server Hangs

I have a Sun-Fire-V210, the Server hangs for sometime and evn console wont be abled to access and after sometime the server comes back active. the messages file shows this , whats causing this ? # tail -500 messages Jan 25 07:02:16 xxxxxxxxxxxxx Corrupt label; wrong magic number Jan 25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP. ls and get hangs.

Hello I have a sftp problem. If I do sftp between some nodes that we installed it works fine i can list directories and get files. If I connect with sftp from the other side of a firewall (wich has port 22 open) I can log in and cd to which ever direcory i want i can do pwd but when i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

8. Hardware

HP DL160G6 hangs

Hi I have HP DL160G6 with SLES10SP3 x64. It hangs without any errors in the logs. My hardware is: description: Rack Mount Chassis product: ProLiant DL160 G6 vendor: HP serial: ******** width: 32 bits capabilities: smbios-2.5 dmi-2.5 configuration:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dailyadm
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to install Xrdp in Centos.?

Hi, I want to install the Xrdp in Centos for taking remote session of centos server from Windows machine. could you please help me for this ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3

I require to install xrdp for remote desktop access of my linux server (RHEL 7.3).I searched a lot for it in google, but not able to find any suitable package for the same.One post I have found where the server where I am need to connect the server in Internet.But it is not possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies
XFREERDP(1)							     xfreerdp							       XFREERDP(1)

NAME
xfreerdp - FreeRDP X11 client SYNOPSIS
xfreerdp [options] server[:port] [[options] server[:port] ...] DESCRIPTION
xfreerdp is an X11 Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) client which is part of the FreeRDP project. An RDP server is built-in to many editions of Windows. Alternative servers included xrdp and VRDP (VirtualBox). OPTIONS
-0 Attach to the admin console of the server. -a bpp Sets the color depth for the connection to bpp bits per pixel. Valid values are 8, 15, 16, 24 and 32. The default value is the color depth of the FreeRDP-window. -c dir Sets the working-dir to dir. This parameter is only used when an AlternateShell (-s shell) is requested. dir should contain the executable file specified in the AlternateShell. -D Removes the windows decorations. -d Domain used in authentication. -f start in full screen mode. This mode can always be en- and disabled using Ctrl-Alt-Enter. -T text Sets the window title to text. -g geometry Sets the size of the FreeRDP window (and of the remote desktop, when establishing a new connection). geometry can have one of the following forms: o WxH - in this case the resulting window will be of WxH pixels. o P% - in this case the resulting window will be P% of your screen. o The special keyword workarea - in this case the resulting window will be of the same size as your workarea. -k id Sets the keyboard-layout-id to id. -m Don't send mouse motion events. -n hostname Set the reported client hostname to hostname. Default is to automatically detect the hostname. -o Play audio on the console instead of redirecting to the client. -p password Password used in authentication. -s shell Sets the startup-shell to shell. This parameter should contain a complete path to the alternate shell. If the alternete shell requires a different working directory use -c dir. -t port Connect to port, instead of the default 3389. -u username Username used in authentication. -x flag Set the experiance performance flags. flag can be one of: o m - (modem): Equivalent to 15. o b - (broadband): Equivalent to 1. o l - (lan): Equivalent to 0. o num - A hexadecimal number that represents a bit-mask, were numbers mean the following [1]: o 1: Disable desktop wallpaper. o 2: Disable full-window drag (only the window outline is displayed when the window is moved). o 4: Disable menu animations. o 8: Disable user interface themes. o 20: Disable mouse cursor shadows. o 40: Disable cursor blinking. o 80: Enable font smoothing. o 100: Enable Desktop Composition. -z Enable compression. --app initialize a RemoteApp connection. This implies -g workarea. --ext load an extension --no-auth Skips authentication. This is useful e.g. for the current FreeRDP server that doesn't yet support server-side authentication. --no-fastpath Disables fast-path. Use slow-path packets instead, which have larger headers. It might be good for debugging certain issues when you suspect it might be linked to the parsing of one of the two header types. --gdi GDI rendering backend. backend can be either sw (software) or hw (hardware). --no-osb Disable off screen bitmaps. --no-bmp-cache Disable bitmap cache. --plugin load a plugin --rfx Enable RemoteFX. --rfx-mode RemoteFX operational flags. flags can be either v[ideo], i[mage]), default is video. --nsc Enable NSCodec. --disable-wallpaper Disable wallpaper. --composition Enable composition (RDVH only, not to be confused with remote composition). --disable-full-window-drag Disable full window drag. --disable-menu-animations Disable menu animations. --disable-theming Disable theming. --no-rdp Disable Standard RDP encryption. --no-tls Disable TLS encryption. --no-nla Disable network level authentication. --sec proto force protocol security. proto can be one of rdp, tls or nla. --ntlm force NTLM protocol version. version can be one of 1 or 2. --ignore-certificate ignore verification of logon certificate. --version Print version information. LINKS
http://www.freerdp.com/ AUTHOR
The FreeRDP Team NOTES
1. Taken from MS-RDPBCGR Section 2.2.1.11.1.1.1 - Extended Info Packet 2. MS-RDPBCGR Section 2.2.1.11.1.1.1 - Extended Info Packet http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc240476%28v=prot.10%29.aspx freerdp 2011-08-27 XFREERDP(1)