Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need command
Operating Systems Solaris Need command Post 302759907 by GP81 on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 05:07:40 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Maybe some script?
Code:
#!/bin/sh
cat $1 | while read LINE; do
 exist=`grep $LINE $2`
 if [ ! -z $exist ]; then
  echo $exist >> exists_in_file1.txt
 fi
done

Code:
server1 # ./diff.sh file1 file2

I assume that each line has only one ID. If your files are large, then performance of that script can be a problem.
Of course Scott has right and grep work fine too:
Code:
server1 # grep -f file1 file2

This User Gave Thanks to GP81 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix command : how to insert text at the cursor location via command line?

Hi, Well my title isn't very clear I think. So to understand my goal: I have a script "test1" #!/bin/bash xvkbd -text blabla with xbindkeys, I bind F5 key in order it runs my test1 script So when I press F5, test1 runs. I'm under Emacs/Vi and I press F5 in order to have "blabla" be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xib.be
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Another one line command where I'd like to determine if Ubuntu or Red Hat when running command

Hello Forum, I'm making very good progress on my report thanks to the very helpful people on this forum. I've been able to successfully create my report for my Red Hat servers. But I do have a few ubuntu servers in the mix and I'd like to capture some data from them when an ssh connection is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
8 Replies
SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Web::DiffParser - Parse patch files containing unified and standard diffs NOTE
This is Text::Diff::Parser, plus some local bug fixes that were exposed by use with SVN::Web. For more details about Text::Diff::Parser please see CPAN. SYNOPSIS
use SVN::Web::DiffParser; # create the object my $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new(); # With options $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( Simplify=>1, # simplify the diff Strip=>2 ); # strip 2 directories # Create object. Parse $file $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $file ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( File=>$file ); # Create object. Parse text my $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $text ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( Diff=>$text ); # parse a file $parser->parse_file( $filename ); # parse a string $parser->parse( $text ); # Remove no-change lines. Combine line substitutions $parser->simplify; # Find results foreach my $change ( $parser->changes ) { print "File1: ", $change->filename1; print "Line1: ", $change->line1; print "File2: ", $change->filename2; print "Line2: ", $change->line2; print "Type: ", $change->type; my $size = $change->size; foreach my $line ( 0..($size-1) ) { print "Line: ", $change->line( $size ); } } # In scalar context, returns the number of changes my $n = $parser->changes; print "There are $n changes", # Get the changes to a given file my @changes = $parser->changes( 'Makefile.PL' ); # Get list of files changed by the diff my @files = $parser->files; DESCRIPTION
"SVN::Web::DiffParser" parses diff files and patches. It allows you to access the changes to a file in a standardized way, even if multiple patch formats are used. A diff may be viewed a series of operations on a file, either adding, removing or modifying lines of one file (the "from-file") to produce another file (the "to-file"). Diffs are generally produced either by hand with diff, or by your version control system ("cvs diff", "svn diff", ...). Some diff formats, notably unified diffs, also contain null operations, that is lines that "SVN::Web::DiffParser" currently parses unified diff format and standard diff format. Unified diffs look like the following. --- Filename1 2006-04-12 18:47:22.000000000 -0400 +++ Filename2 2006-04-12 19:21:16.000000000 -0400 @@ -1,4 +1,6 @@ ONE TWO -THREE +honk FOUR +honk +honk Standard diffs look like the following. diff something something.4 3c3 < THREE --- > honk 4a5,6 > honk > honk The diff line isn't in fact part of the format but is necessary to find which files the chunks deal with. It is output by "cvs diff" and "svn diff" so that isn't a problem. METHODS
new $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new; $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $file ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( $handle ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( %params ); $parser = SVN::Web::DiffParser->new( \%params ); Object constructor. Diff String that contains a diff. This diff will be parse before "new" returns. File File name or file handle that is parsed before "new" returns. Simplify Simplifying a patch involves dropping all null-operations and converting and remove operation followed by an add operation (or an add followed by a remove) of the same size on the same lines into a modify operation. Strip Strip N leading directories from all filenames. Less then useful for standard diffs produced by "cvs diff", because they don't contain directory information. Verbose If true, print copious details of what is going on. parse_file $parser->parse_file( $file ); $parser->parse_file( $handle ); Read and parse the file or file handle specified. Will "die" if it fails, returns true on success. Contents of the file may then be accessed with "changes" and "files". parse $parser->parse( $string ); Parses the diff present in $string. Will "die" if it fails, returns true on success. Contents of the file may then be accessed with "changes" and "files". files %files = $parser->files; Fetch a list of all the files that were referenced in the patch. The keys are original files ("from-file") and the values are the modified files ("to-file"). changes @changes = $parser->changes; $n = $parser->changes; @changes = $parser->changes( $file ); $n = $parser->changes( $file ); Return all the operations (array context) or the number of operations in the patch file. If $file is specified, only returns changes to that file ("from-file" or "to-file"). Elements of the returned array are change objects, as described in "CHANGE METHODS" below. CHANGE METHODS
The "changes" method returns an array of objects that describe each operation. You may use the following methods to find out details of the operation. type Returns the type of operation, either 'ADD', 'REMOVE', 'MODIFY' or '' (null operation). filename1 Filename of the "from-file". filename2 Filename of the "to-file". line1 Line in the "from-file" the operation starts at. line2 Line in the "to-file" the operation starts at. size Number of lines affected by this operation. text @lines = $ch->text; $line = $ch->text( $N ); Fetch the text of the line $N if present or all lines of affected by this operation. For '' (null) and 'REMOVE' operations, these are the lines present before the operation was done ('from-file'. For 'ADD' and 'MODIFY' operations, these are the lines present after the operation was done ('to-file'. BUGS
I'm not 100% sure of standard diff handling. Missing support for context diffs. SEE ALSO
Text::Diff, Arch, diff. AUTHOR
Philip Gwyn, <gwyn-at-cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Philip Gwyn This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVN::Web::DiffParser(3pm)