Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error after first boot OEL5.8 Post 302759879 by sohail Jafferi on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 03:44:45 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Error after first boot OEL5.8

Server Model
HP Proliant DL380P, Gen 8
Raid Controller= HP smart Array P420i
Operating system Installation OEl5.8
On first boot after OS installation

ERROR:
Red Hat nash Version 5.119.6 starting -300.10.1.el5uek)'
Mounting proc Filesystem
Reading all physical volume this may take a while
No volume groups FOUNDFS partition type 0x83
volume group “Volumegroup00” not foundk ro root=/dev/valgroup00/logvo100
unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/logVol01)
mount : could not find file system ‘/dev/root'40]
setuproot: moving /dev failed : no such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc : no such file or directory
setuproot : error mounting /sys : no such file or directory
Switchroot: mount failed : no such file or directory
kernel panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!

kindly suggest me the suitable solution

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot error

Hi, I'm getting this error when booting: " Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packet" I got no idea what has been done to get it when the machine use to work fine. Put a new HDD in it, and installed Solaris 7 on it fine then when it goes to boot I get that error. It's a Sparc Station 5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot error

Hey all, When loading a Sun Ultra 60 I got running Solaris 9 I get a error. This error will only happen when I have a external CD-RW drive attached. The error is; Failed to power up sd21, see your administrator or reboot I have rebooted and well I am the administrator for this machine.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
5 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error on boot up

VERY new to Unix here! I have a client with a unix machine(Sun Systems Unix system V Release 4.0) that gets an error on boot up. "7.e.1": Syntax error in tty mode Like I said, I new to Unix as this is my first time ever touching a Unix machine. So, I don't know if this is a major or minor... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlpierce04
0 Replies

5. AIX

boot error

Hi all, I have one booting problem with an AIX machine. It is not booting. It is showing error B1014602 on OK prompt. Could you please tell me, what is the problem with it and its respective solution? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

6. Linux

Need suggestions before install OEL5.0 on IBM3400

Hi, I need to install Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.0 on IBM3400.Before start it,I expect your valuable suggestions regarding partition size...etc. This server is having 146 GB of hard disk and 4GB of RAM.I need to create 15 restricted users on this server.These 15 users will access their folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: masatheesh
1 Replies

7. SCO

stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot

hi SCO Unix 5.0.6 doesn't boot due to this problem: not a directory boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot Knows someone howto solve it? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
16 Replies

8. Red Hat

OEL5.5 hot add disk

Hi All, I have an issue when trying to hot-add a SAN disk to an oracle enterprise linux 5.5 server. The storage array we are using is an HP 24000, we have no issues with the disk usage for both ASM and LVM setup, it is just a simple matter of not being able to scan for new disk when it is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error after first boot OEL5.8

Server Model HP Proliant DL380P, Gen 8 Raid Controller= HP smart Array P420i Operating system Installation OEl5.8 On first boot after OS installation ERROR: Red Hat nash Version 5.119.6 starting -300.10.1.el5uek)’ Mounting proc Filesystem Reading all physical volume this may take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohail Jafferi
0 Replies
REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)					  redhat-upgrade-tool User Manual				    REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)

NAME
redhat-upgrade-tool - Red Hat Upgrade tool SYNOPSIS
redhat-upgrade-tool [OPTIONS] SOURCE DESCRIPTION
redhat-upgrade-tool is the Red Hat Upgrade tool. The redhat-upgrade-tool client runs on the system to be upgraded. It determines what packages are needed for upgrade and gathers them from the source(s) given. It also fetches and sets up the boot images needed to run the upgrade and sets up the system to perform the upgrade at next boot. The actual upgrade takes place when the system is rebooted, using the boot images set up by redhat-upgrade-tool. The upgrade initrd starts the existing system (mostly) as normal, lets it mount all the local filesystems, then starts the upgrade. When the upgrade finishes, it reboots the system into the newly-upgraded OS. OPTIONS
Optional arguments -h, --help Show a help message and exit. -v, --verbose Print more info. -d, --debug Print lots of debugging info. --debuglog DEBUGLOG Write debugging output to the given file. Defaults to /var/log/redhat-upgrade-tool.log. --reboot Automatically reboot to start the upgrade when ready. SOURCE These options tell redhat-upgrade-tool where to look for the packages and boot images needed to run the upgrade. At least one of these options is required. --device [DEV] Device or mountpoint of mounted install media. If DEV is omitted, redhat-upgrade-tool will scan all currently-mounted removable devices (USB disks, optical media, etc.) --iso ISO Installation image file. --network VERSION Online repos matching VERSION (a number or "rawhide") Multiple sources may be used, if desired. Additional options for --network --enablerepo REPOID Enable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --disablerepo REPOID Disable one or more repos (wildcards allowed). --addrepo REPOID=[@]URL Add the repo at URL. Prefix URL with @ to indicate that the URL is a mirrorlist. --instrepo REPOID Get upgrader boot images from the repo named REPOID. The repo must contain a valid .treeinfo file which points to the location of usable kernel and upgrade images. Cleanup commands --resetbootloader Remove any modifications made to bootloader configuration. --clean Clean up everything written by redhat-upgrade-tool. EXAMPLES
redhat-upgrade-tool --network 7.0 --instrepo <repo URL> Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 by downloading all needed packages and data from the specified repository. redhat-upgrade-tool --device --network 7.0 Upgrade to RHEL 7.0 using install media mounted somewhere on the system, fetching updates from the network if needed. EXIT STATUS
0 Success. 1 Cancelled by user, failure writing files to disk, or other unknown error 2 Failed to download/copy files from the given SOURCE 3 RPM upgrade transaction test failed BUGS
The --iso image must be on a filesystem listed in /etc/fstab. AUTHORS
Will Woods <wwoods@redhat.com> redhat-upgrade-tool 11/08/2013 REDHAT-UPGRADE-TOOL(8)