Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to get the days of Particular date? Post 302759819 by Venkatesh1 on Wednesday 23rd of January 2013 01:24:50 AM
Old 01-23-2013
Thanks for reply
I have seen the thread which you have mentioned
can you please explain briefly

Code:

d="20120103"

day=${d#??????}
temp=${d#????}
month=${temp%??}
year=${d%????}

I wont understand what is #??? refer to ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date for two days or 3 days ago

i need a script that can tell me the date 2 days ago or 3 days ago. please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date IN UNIX

Hi, Anybody knows how to get what date was 28 days ago of the current system date through UNIX script. Ex : - If today is 28th Mar 2010 then I have to delete the files which arrived on 1st Mar 2010, (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandi.reddy
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format

Hello Experts, How do i get date after 5 days from current date in YYYYMMDD format? How do you compare date in YYYYMMDD format? Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: needyourhelp10
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding days to system date then compare to a date

Hi! I am trying to read a file and every line has a specific date as one of its fields. I want to take that date and compare it to the date today plus 6 days. while read line do date=substr($line, $datepos, 8) #date is expected to be YYYYMMDD if ; then ...proceed commands ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX date fuction - how to deduct days from today's date

Hi, One of my Unix scripts needs to look for files coming in on Fridays. This script runs on Mondays. $date +"%y%m%d" will give me today's date. How can I get previous Friday's date.. can I do "today's date minus 3 days" to get Friday's date? If not, then any other way?? Name of the files is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Subscribers with Date 90 days older than current date

I have to display only those subscribers which are in "unconnected state" and the date is 90 days older than today's date. Below command is used for this purpose: cat vfsubscriber_20170817.csv | sed -e 's/^"//' -e '1d' | nawk -F '",' '{if ( (substr($11,2,4) == 2017) && ( substr($11,2,8) -lt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dia
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
GREGORIANTOJD(3)							 1							  GREGORIANTOJD(3)

gregoriantojd - Converts a Gregorian date to Julian Day Count

SYNOPSIS
int gregoriantojd (int $month, int $day, int $year) DESCRIPTION
Valid Range for Gregorian Calendar 4714 B.C. to 9999 A.D. Although this function can handle dates all the way back to 4714 B.C., such use may not be meaningful. The Gregorian calendar was not instituted until October 15, 1582 (or October 5, 1582 in the Julian calendar). Some countries did not accept it until much later. For exam- ple, Britain converted in 1752, The USSR in 1918 and Greece in 1923. Most European countries used the Julian calendar prior to the Grego- rian. PARAMETERS
o $month - The month as a number from 1 (for January) to 12 (for December) o $day - The day as a number from 1 to 31 o $year - The year as a number between -4714 and 9999 RETURN VALUES
The julian day for the given gregorian date as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Calendar functions <?php $jd = GregorianToJD(10, 11, 1970); echo "$jd "; $gregorian = JDToGregorian($jd); echo "$gregorian "; ?> SEE ALSO
jdtogregorian(3), cal_to_jd(3). PHP Documentation Group GREGORIANTOJD(3)