Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 10 NFS Share Issue
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 NFS Share Issue Post 302759599 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 03:42:48 PM
Old 01-22-2013
Please post the /share directory permissions on the server.

Who is the owner?

(Could try setting to 777 and see if the problem goes away)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

VxWorks - W2003 issue loading file from NFS share

We recently replaced an existing Windows Server 2000 with a Windows Server 2003. The server‘s primary function is file/print in our development environment. One of the directories is shared using NFS. All compiled software is kept in this share (we use C & C++). The generated “.out” and “.ndb”... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigBuff52
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS : Invalid argument (Remote share mounting issue)

Hi Guru's, I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client. Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument mount: giving up on: /mountpoint i tried following command mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint Error: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Justin John
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Mounting 2012R2 NFS Share on Solaris 10

Hi all, new here. I'm attempting to mount an NFS share I've created on a 2012r2 esx VM on my solaris 10 vm, I'm using the following command: mount 2012box:/sharename /mnt and I get the following result: nfs mount: mount: /mnt: Operation not supported Both vms can ping one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meshuggener
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

8. Solaris

RHEL NFS share on Solaris 11.3 vers=4

NFS server: RHEL:6 /nfsdb 192.168.8.10/28(rw,sync,no_root_squash) 192.168.7.10/28(rw,sync,no_root_squash) Client: Solaris 11.3 vfstab entry : 192.168.8.9:/nfsdbarch - /archive_data nfs - yes rw,soft,vers=4 # ls -ld /archive_data drwxr-xr-x 4 root root... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Default route issue in share local zone in Solaris 11

Hi We took the reboot of server/global zone after that Solaris 11 share local zone not able to ping the default gateway but global zone able to ping same default gateway. I check/compare the before activity logs of global zone and local zones which looks fine to me, further IP and netmask of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
6 Replies
CGCONFIGPARSER(8)						 libcgroup Manual						 CGCONFIGPARSER(8)

NAME
cgconfigparser - setup control group file system SYNOPSIS
cgconfigparser [-h] [-l <filename>] [-L <directory>] [...] OPTIONS
-h, --help Displays help. -l, --load=FILE Parses the control groups configuration file Sets up the control group file system defined by the configuration file and mounts mount points defined by the configuration file. The format of the file is described in cgconfig.conf. This option can be used mul- tiple times and can be mixed with -L option. -L, --load-directory=DIR Finds all files in given directory and parses them in alphabetical order like they were specified by -l option. This option can be used multiple times and can be mixed with -l option. -a <agid>:<auid> defines the default owner of the rest of the defined control group's files. These users are allowed to set subsystem parameters and create subgroups. The default value is the same as has the parent cgroup. -d, --dperm=mode sets the default permissions of a control groups directory. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -d 775. -f, --fperm=mode sets the default permissions of the control group files. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -f 775. The value is not used as given because the current owner's permissions are used as an umask (so 777 will set group and others permis- sions to the owners permissions). -s, --tperm=mode sets the default permissions of the control group tasks files. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -f 775. The value is not used as given because the current owner's permissions are used as an umask (so 777 will set group and others per- missions to the owners permissions). -t <tuid>:<tgid> defines the default owner of tasks file of the defined control group. I.e. this user and members of this group have write access to the file. SEE ALSO
cgconfig.conf (5) Linux 2009-03-16 CGCONFIGPARSER(8)