Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [SOLVED] Telnet timeout issue Post 302759503 by Tommyk on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 11:26:26 AM
Old 01-22-2013
never mind problem solved, it was calling the login command when connected and it was the login configuration that was set to 5 seconds. Changed that to 30 and it now works Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Tommyk For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet session timeout

hi, we can set something such that if the user has been idle for a while, it will auto disconnect. where to do so? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris telnet idle timeout

I have put TMOUT=1800;export TMOUT in the /etc/profile, put it does not work, by the way the root default shell is sh. but I wana every one including root to terminate the session after setting idle for 1800 seconds. thank for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kahn630
1 Replies

3. AIX

how to change telnet timeout setting

Hi all Can any one solve my problem? I want to change the default timeout setting for telnet in aix, pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Disable telnet timeout

Hi, Can someone help me how I can disable telnet timeout? I'm connecting remotely to some machines and after some time my telnet connection was closed. How can I disable this so that I'm always connected to those machines? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

telnet idle timeout on Redhat kernel 2.4.35.4

Hello, I've searched this forum for telnet idle timeout problem. I tried to set timeout parameters in /etc/profile readonly TMOUT=10 export TMOUT This doesn't work for Redhat kernel 2.4.35.4. It's really frustrating. Can anybody tell me what else I could try? Thanks a lot! jing (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jing han
0 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

tinylogin telnet idle timeout

Hello, I have a busybox with tinylogin. How can I log user out when I found the telnet session is idle for 10 seconds? I set TMOUT=10 export TMOUT in /etc/profile I found it doesn't work for me. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot! jing (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jing han
1 Replies

7. Solaris

rlogin, telnet connections timeout

Hi, I have a Sun Ultra 5 desktop with Solaris 8. When I telnet/rlogin into any other host, the connection closes after few hours of inactivity. I also have another Windows box which I use rarely. But when I telnet/rlogin into the same hosts using putty, the connection stays for days without any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_gsb
5 Replies

8. Linux

Telnet Timeout

is there a way to add a timeout parameter to telnet when connecting to any IP address? like, if this IP doesn't respond within 10 seconds, abort. thanks i'm looking for something like this: telnet gaggaga.com 443 -t 10 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

TFTP Server Timeout issue

Hi, I'm running CentOS 5 as guest using VMware player. My host is Windows Xp. I'm running tftp server in CentOS. I have disabled firewall in both windows and CentOS. I use two different networks with different netmasks on CentOS. I'm able to ping the Centos (tftp server) from another Linux machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ping and telnet timeout

Hello, I need help, I have the following which save in the result file ping and telnet:port test. Basically the script works but I should implement a check on ping and telnet command so that ping has 5 seconds threshold and telnet (more important) 10 seconds. Over that threshold ping and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
0 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)