Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3 Post 302759421 by reddybs on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 09:38:41 AM
Old 01-22-2013
RedHat RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3

Hi,

Can someone please help me configuring RIP (Routing Information Protocol v2 ). I have tried few manuals and posts from networking sites and i didnt get a clear picture.

This is what i have done:
1. Installed routed package and started routed service.

however, Dynamic routes are not updating on the server.

If someone can help me with the steps it would be great.

Thanks,
Sai

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello, I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillipkmrpadhy
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 RIP-2 ??

We have had a security scan completed on our solaris 10 systems and several of them came back with "This host is running a RIP-2 agent. RIP-2 requests can be authenticated" How do i verify that it is using authentication? Or see if it is running RIP-2 at all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status. please help me, if any one configured. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
ripquery(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       ripquery(8)

NAME
ripquery - Queries RIP gateways SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ripquery [-1] [-2] [-[a5] authkey] [-n] [-p] [-r] [-v] [-w time] gateway ... FLAGS
Sends the query as a version 1 packet. Sends the query as a version 2 packet (default). Specifies the authentication password to use for queries. If -a specified, an authentication type of SIMPLE will be used, if -5 is specified, an authentication type of MD5 will be used, otherwise the default is an authentication type of NONE. Authentication fields in incoming packets will be displayed, but not validated. Prevents the address of the responding host from being looked up to determine the symbolic name. Uses the RIP POLL command to request information from the routing table. This is the default. If there is no response to the RIP POLL command, the RIP REQUEST command is tried. The gated daemon responds to a POLL command with all the routes learned through RIP. Used the RIP REQUEST command to request information from the gateway's routing table. Unlike the RIP POLL command, all gateways should support the RIP REQUEST. If there is no response to the RIP REQUEST command, the RIP POLL command is tried. The gated daemon responds to a REQUEST command with all the routes he announces out the specified interface. Because of limitations in the UDP interface, on systems based on BSD 4.3 Reno or earlier, REQUESTs respond about the interface used to route packets back to the sender. This can be avoided by running ripquery on the host being queried. Displays version information about ripquery before querying the gateways. Specifies the time in seconds to wait for the initial response from a gateway. The default value is 5 seconds. DESCRIPTION
The ripquery command is used to request all routes known by a RIP gateway by sending a RIP request or POLL command. The routing informa- tion in any routing packets returned is displayed numerically and symbolically. The ripquery command is intended to be used as a tool for debugging gateways, not for network management. SNMP is the preferred protocol for network management. The ripquery command by default uses the RIP POLL command, which is an undocumented extension to the RIP specification supported by routed on SunOS 3.x and later and by gated 1.4 and later. The RIP POLL command is preferred over the RIP REQUEST command because it is not sub- ject to Split Horizon or Poisoned Reverse. See the RIP RFC for more information. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: gated(8), gdc(8), ospf_monitor(8), routed(8) delim off ripquery(8)