Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Healthy mirror on Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Healthy mirror on Solaris 10 Post 302759327 by top.level on Tuesday 22nd of January 2013 04:51:23 AM
Old 01-22-2013
Healthy mirror on Solaris 10

Dear All

I have question and I want some one to answer it ..

in Solaris 10 I have two mirrors as below .. c3t0d0s0 & c3t1d0s0

Code:
        NAME              STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool             ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0        ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t0d0s0      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t1d0s0      ONLINE       0     0     0

I'm planning to keep the second mirror which is c3t1d0s0 to have a healthy copy of the OS and I'll detach it and I'll mirror it every week one time to be healthy OS copy for me and fast roster backup for me if any thing happen for the first mirror.

which is mean it'll be all the week detach and in the end of week I'll attache it to have full mirror then I'll detach it again

is there any problem to keep my system running with one mirror and another one will be mirrored every one time every week ?

Pls advice in this regard ..

Last edited by top.level; 01-22-2013 at 05:57 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Mirror solaris

Hi everyone. I have a Sun Solaris box which is running on only one internal disk and obviously that is not a good thing, if the disk should fail. This is a pritty straight forward operation in AIX, where my experties are. I have never done this in solaris and would therefore appriciate any help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Mirror in Solaris 9 via Solaris Volume Manager

Hello, I am trying to do mirror in solaris 9. I have total 0-7 disks 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 Drive 0 and Drive 4 = Boot Drives Need to Mirror following drives. Drive 1 and Drive 5 = Need to mirror Drive 1 was mounted on: /prod1, /prod2, /prod3, /prod4, /prod5. Then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
3 Replies

3. Solaris

break solaris mirror

Hi All, How do I break the solaris 8 mirror? And how do I make sure I will point the first hd mirror on reboot. If the first break mirror won't boot. How do I make the copy mirror to boot? Thanks in advance, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to create mirror disk in solaris machine?

hi, I'm newbie in Solaris 10. can someone explain me the steps of how to create mirror disk in Solaris machine. thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Create a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86

I’m setting up a boot disk mirror on Solaris 10 x86. I’m used to doing it on SPARC, where you can copy the partition table using fmthard. My x86 boot disk has 2 primary partitions, a Solaris one and a diagnostic one. Is there a way to copy those 2 primary partitions to the second disk without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris patching using mirror disk backup? need help!

hi friends, need help.. it is my first time patching using mirror disk backup approach, not so sure about the steps :confused: how do you detach, patch it, boot it and reattach it ? any kind soul here can advise ? thanks in advance..:) below is the information from my machine: Filesystem ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)					      General Commands Manual					      DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)

NAME
debpartial-mirror -- debpartial-mirror is a program to generate partial Debian packages archives mirrors. SYNOPSIS
apt-get [-hvs] [-o=config string] [-c=file] {update | upgrade | dselect-upgrade | install pkg ... | remove pkg ... | source pkg ... | build-dep pkg ... | check | clean | autoclean } DESCRIPTION
debpartial-mirror is a command-line tool to generate partial Debian packages archives mirrors. It is designed to work (in particular) in Custom Debian Distributions framework, as an aid to create customization of debian systems. Partial mirrors can be generated from different apt repositories (local created or remote ones) and can contain binary as well as sources packages. Generated partial mirrors have the structure of standard apt repositories: please referr to APT documentation for explanation about this. debpartial-mirror uses a configuration file to determine which packages, are to be downloaded and monitored to generate a local partial mirror. Packages can be specified by regular expressions, by list or by mirrors sections. Default configuration file is /etc/debpartial-mirror.conf. debpartial-mirror accept commands in the same way apt-get does, and unless the -h or --help is given, one of the commands below must be presented. update update update is used to resynchronize the package index files from specified sources. upgrade upgrade upgrade is used to dowload selected binary and source packages from specified mirrors. The first time this command is ran the partial mirror is generated: after this, only newer or updated packages will be downloaded into the mirror. all all all is used to perform both update and upgrade commands. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h --help Show summary of options. -v --version Show version of program. -cCONFIGFILE --configfile=CONFIGFILE Select the confiruration file. -s --simulate Do nothing, only simulate all. Actually it is not implemented -sf --skip-files Skip downloading of files. Actually it is not implemented -sp --skip-packages Skip downloading of packages. Actually it is not implemented AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. DEBPARTIAL-MIRROR(1)